How did the EU become such a monster?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3197
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 791
D

Deleted member 3197

Non Registered Member
I'm not sure if Ireland should leave the EU right away, but I think we could get our house in order Hungarian style, and get ready to exit in a few years.
What I wonder is how the feck any nation would want to be part of this 'club'. How were we so duped? Arrah shur didnt they give us the motorways?
Is it a case of the EU bribing countries to join? I think Ireland could be the best country in the planet outside the EU. Indigenous industry, Pound currency, language resurrected, home grown innovation, investment in proper infrastructure, incentives to have more kids, better education.
The EU is a tyrannical monster, I predict more 'exits' soon.

gerhard dengler

I'm not sure if Ireland should leave the EU right away, but I think we could get our house in order Hungarian style, and get ready to exit in a few years.
What I wonder is how the feck any nation would want to be part of this 'club'. How were we so duped? Arrah shur didnt they give us the motorways?
Is it a case of the EU bribing countries to join? I think Ireland could be the best country in the planet outside the EU. Indigenous industry, Pound currency, language resurrected, home grown innovation, investment in proper infrastructure, incentives to have more kids, better education.
Before there was a European Union (EU), there was a European Economic Community (EEC).
Ireland joined the EEC in 1973.

During 1980's the EEC began to morph into something more than an economic community, namely European Union germinated from the European Economic Community. Legislation such as the Single European Act was being framed to extend and amend the original treaty which underpinned the EEC. Ireland, by accident or by design, began to sleep walk from EEC membership into EU membership.

subversive writer

PI Member
The problem with the EU is it's a victim of its own success originally are the countries will be poorer now a lot of them are almost developed it needs continuously poor countries to work. there is two different strands of politics in the EU and one of them is the federalist and they're very dangerous. They want a United States of Europe. It's not really what the EU is about

BSA

PI Member
The EU March from economic arrangement to mono state has been going on a long time..
I was on a youth exchange program to Holland in 1983... The EEC as it was then had some involvement in it..

On the last day we were all given blue passport covers with the ring of stars on the cover.. We were told this is what our passport s would be like in the future.. We also got t shirts with the logo 'Europe without Borders' on it...

It was already well established in 1983...

jpc

PI Member
The answer to the how, I think?
The people of the European nation states were never properly consulted on the type of relationship with other nations that they thought might be appropriate.
What do you the people want a European Union to be?
What will it do for you?
No one asked strangely enough!

Last edited:

BSA

PI Member
The answer to the how, I think?
The people of the European nation states were never properly consulted on the type of relationship with other nations that they thought might be appropriate.
What do you the people want a European Union to be?
What will it do for you?
No one asked strangely enough!
I don't think that it evolved like that...

Ever..

I saw a little item an RTE documentary a while ago.. It always stayed with me.. The first Irish senior Civil Servant sent to have very tentative talks with the old EEC as it was then was so overawed by the EEC official that the first thing that he did was to ask him for his autograph..

From that first forelock tugging meeting to the the train wreck of the Irish bailout the Irish relationship with the EU has been a pitiful mix of national inferiority, absence of vision, no self confidence, gombeens lust and avarice for a handout, pathological desire to be liked, gauche behaviors by people in authority acting like utter bumkins and hayseeds when they should have acted like leaders...

OP
D

Deleted member 3197

Non Registered Member

Ever..

I saw a little item an RTE documentary a while ago.. It always stayed with me.. The first Irish senior Civil Servant sent to have very tentative talks with the old EEC as it was then was so overawed by the EEC official that the first thing that he did was to ask him for his autograph..

From that first forelock tugging meeting to the the train wreck of the Irish bailout the Irish relationship with the EU has been a pitiful mix of national inferiority, absence of vision, no self confidence, gombeens lust and avarice for a handout, pathological desire to be liked, gauche behaviors by people in authority acting like utter bumkins and hayseeds when they should have acted like leaders...
As Airy fairy as it sounds, Ireland needs a spiritual awakening.
We need to stop caring what outsiders think, get some self esteem, some self belief, leave the booze alone (or just drink less). Lose the begrudgery.

bells of shandon

PI Member
Listened to Dolores Cahill of the IFP a candidate in Tipperary, a very intelligent woman with 20 years in Brusssels at the heart of the Beast.
She concludes that the EU cannot be reformed from within, and that their are 7 stages to the EU Federal Superstate. We are now in stage 6 ,the final State will be the Defense Union .
This was always the Plan and lies and deceit have been used to further their aims.
Brexit is a grenade into the Agenda.
The EU is an evil, ruthless institution with a sinister Totalitarian agenda and a danger to the freedom .peace and prosperity of European Nations.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 3197

Non Registered Member
Listened to Dolores Cahill of the IFP a candidate in Tipperary, a very intelligent woman with 20 years in Brusssels at the heart of the Beast.
She concludes that the EU cannot be reformed from within, and that their are 7 stages to the EU Federal Superstate. We are now in stage 6 ,the final State will be the Defense Union .
This was always the Plan and lies and deceit have been used to further their aims.
Brexit is a grenade into the Agenda.
The EU is an evil institution with a sinister Totalitarian agenda and a danger to the freedom .peace and prosperity of European Nations.
Seen it. Dolores is very insightful. She knows exactly what's going on with first hand experience.
They are a sinister bunch in brussels, very low grade people like verhofstadt. To be ruled by an outside force is quite unnerving. Most normies in Ireland think the EU is great....Arrah shur didnt they give us x y and z.

PapaQuebec

Donator
PI Member

Ever..

Well, that saves me from having to type anything...

...Bravo!

jpc

PI Member
Seen it. Dolores is very insightful. She knows exactly what's going on with first hand experience.
They are a sinister bunch in brussels, very low grade people like verhofstadt. To be ruled by an outside force is quite unnerving. Most normies in Ireland think the EU is great....Arrah shur didnt they give us x y and z.
Everything received from the EU has been paid back many times over.
Start with the fisheries capitulation.

jpc

PI Member

Ever..

That's my point.
It didn't!
We got what you describe above.

Reactions: BSA
Top Bottom