House of Cards - Netflix

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
Premium Account
Just recently discovered House of Cards on Netflix.

The 4th season has recently aired and a 5th for next year has been announced.

Its one of those TV shows you never get around to watching, I missed the highly rated West Wing for instance and always had plans to watch it maybe when im retired.

However I took the plunge with House of Cards over the Easter Break and I have to say its good TV.

Costing around 2-3 million dollars per Episode its gritty addictive viewing with a very talented cast.

Kevin Spacey plays Frank Underwood, a Democrat Congressnan who is the Whip of the House, and has big plans.

I have to say, the part is made for Spacey.

Anyhow i highly suggest giving the Show a watch, its a great insight to US politics.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
I watched all the english version and it was very good.

I would not watch the american series. After watching Vince Foster and many many more get killed in real life( CIA Director William Colby) I know that real life is far far more lethal

sandy beaches

Political Irish
Ive been watching this on Netflix too, recently finished Season 4 but I wont spoil anything for you.

The production values in this show are excellent and its no wonder it has wont multiple golden globes, you should give it a go youngDan, likewise I've watched the UK version (Which is also on Netlfix) and though it is good and only 3 episodes long, it looks and feels dated. I think its from the late 80`s or early 90`s after Thatcher is ousted.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
It's brilliant! As someone else said Spacey was made for it, he really makes the show IMO.

bartypus

Political Irish
Thanks to the recommendations here I started watching the show , totally hooked!

Thanks everyone.

Top Bottom