Hitler's blunders

Threads
Militarily auld wan balls blunders where numerous, off the top of moi's heed:-

Dunkirk- halted the army to give Goring the glory and let UK retain its professional core.

Sea lion- Cancelled the planned invasion of UK and failed to isolate it before opening second front

Greece- invaded Greece to help out Mussolini and delayed Barbarossa

Barbarossa- say no more...

Pearl harbor- after the Japanese attack he declared war on the USA.

general micro management to the degree no one wanted to take a decision without his approval...

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Dunkirk- halted the army to give Goring the glory and let UK retain its professional core.
Sea lion- Cancelled the planned invasion of UK and failed to isolate it before opening second front
Really? It's an affront to have to sift through this pidgin, but duty calls. Had Uncle Sam not pulled John Bull's chestnuts out of the fire and had he not bombed the Germans into perdition and had Uncle Joe not bled the Wehrmacht white, Ian Paisley would have been railing against popery and superstition auf deutsch.

I'm sure it gives the Orange and other Brits warm fuzzies and makes them feel real special to watch film reels of Mannheim, Ludwigshafen, Hamburg and Dresden bathed in hellfire and think John Bull bested the Hun, but anyone with half a brain knows how many American lives would've been saved after D-Day had Montgomery and his subordinates stayed on the other side of the Channel where they belonged. Countless Americans and others were needlessly slaughtered as the Allies (i.e. Americans) pushed eastward, and Montgomery's hubris and incompetence played no small part in that.

Although I greatly admire the British civilian (and soldier, who had no say in the matter) for his perseverance and the hardship and sheer terror he endured during the Blitz, a pox be upon Churchill, Montgomery and Harris and all those who lionize them.

Last edited:
Threads
Really? It's an affront to have to sift through this pidgin, but duty calls. Had Uncle Sam not pulled John Bull's chestnuts out of the fire and had he not bombed the Germans into perdition and had Uncle Joe not bled the Wehrmacht white, Ian Paisley would have been railing against popery and superstition auf deutsch.

I'm sure it gives the Orange and other Brits warm fuzzies and makes them feel real special to watch film reels of Mannheim, Ludwigshafen, Hamburg and Dresden bathed in hellfire and think John Bull bested the Hun, but anyone with half a brain knows how many American lives would've been saved after D-Day had Montgomery and his subordinates stayed on the other side of the Channel where they belonged. Countless Americans and others were needlessly slaughtered as the Allies (i.e. Americans) pushed eastward, and Montgomery's hubris and incompetence played no small part in that.

Although I greatly admire the British civilian (and soldier, who had no say in the matter) for his perseverance and the hardship and sheer terror he endured during the Blitz, a pox be upon Churchill, Montgomery and Harris and all those who lionize them.
So does this waffling drivel mean that you think Hitler didn't blunder at Dunkirk?...

Threads
Hitler the product of incest, an inbred lad full of anger and self loathing. His madness was self documented and his ravings resonated with the German people after the recession and poverty that the Country went through. He rose to the top and inspired his nation to rise again. He inspired great feats of engineering and he inspired his armies. Germany was well on it's way or even had achieved greatness but the the uber madness kicked in and the blundering Hitler took over. He sacked his Generals and experts and drove his people back to disaster.
Like his father he had a penchant for relatives he had obsessions with inferior races and focused on or was distracted by minor things. His craziness should have seen him ousted but as the real Hitler emerged he, like many other mad dictators, had built a regeime of fear through the countless assassinations, murders, secret police and tortures.
It's amazing how people are still taken in by this Looper but his loopiness undid him, he was on the verge of taking Moscow when he decided, against the will, of his then serving, Generals to go back and attack Kiev, this was just one of his many blunders, was it the one that swung the war in favour of the Allies?
I read Ian Kershaw's epic biography of Hitler and don't recall most of the above appearing in it - perhaps you should write to Mr. Kershaw and ask him to correct the record?

OP
OP
F
Threads
I read Ian Kershaw's epic biography of Hitler and don't recall most of the above appearing in it - perhaps you should write to Mr. Kershaw and ask him to correct the record?
Are you the authority on Hitler now because you've read one book? One author is obsessed by Hitler and what he says is definitive. Since you love him so much why don't you write to him.

Threads
Are you the authority on Hitler now because you've read one book? One author is obsessed by Hitler and what he says is definitive. Since you love him so much why don't you write to him.
There you go, guys, lol. What did I tell you?

He sets up this entire thread so he can jeer "Hitler lover" at various posters. He gets his rocks off on this apparently.

OP
OP
F
Threads
Isn't it amazing the respect a man who callously killed so many, who killed people because they were Jew Polish or disabled, has on this forum. It's well documented the lengths he went to to spread his evil philosophy and the disastrous decisions that caused the deaths of millions of his own and his opponents soldiers on the battlefield.
This man was an evil monster but in my view there is a cadre of similar thinking people in this country. Thankfully these cowards only express their opinions on an anonymous forum like this. Not one of you would say the hateful things you do here out loud in a public place. You hide and sneakily say it.

Top Bottom