Hijab day my ass. Support No hijab day, support our sisters.

eamo

PI Member
Today, Feb. 1st is, believe it or not, the annual Hijab Day.

According to THIS website "World Hijab Day" was created in 2013 to encourage women of all religions and backgrounds to wear the hijab in support of Muslim women, many of whom have no choice in what they wear.

Non-Muslim women are encouraged on this day to "voice their choice" to wear the hijab. Well what a big revolutionary statement that is!
In fact no one in Ireland could give a hoot (outside the Islamic community) if every woman in Ireland chose to wear a scarf every day of the year, that ain't a problem sisters.
What is a problem is the imported ideology of Islam which forces women into a dress code whether they like it or not.
The co-opting of free women into supporting this oppression of many of their Muslim sisters and daughters is a sly and dishonest attempt to portray the head scarf as a "choice" for Muslim women and girls. For many it is mandatory. Mandatory in a way many Irish women and men cannot comprehend. Mandatory under threat of being ostracised, attacked and in not a few cases killed for transgressing the medieval community ideology.

Support "No Hijab Day" and support your sisters who may never feel the wind in their hair.

Here are words of wisdom from two ex-Muslims on this subject:

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Today, Feb. 1st is, believe it or not, the annual Hijab Day.

According to THIS website "World Hijab Day" was created in 2013 to encourage women of all religions and backgrounds to wear the hijab in support of Muslim women, many of whom have no choice in what they wear.

Non-Muslim women are encouraged on this day to "voice their choice" to wear the hijab. Well what a big revolutionary statement that is!
In fact no one in Ireland could give a hoot (outside the Islamic community) if every woman in Ireland chose to wear a scarf every day of the year, that ain't a problem sisters.
What is a problem is the imported ideology of Islam which forces women into a dress code whether they like it or not.
The co-opting of free women into supporting this oppression of many of their Muslim sisters and daughters is a sly and dishonest attempt to portray the head scarf as a "choice" for Muslim women and girls. For many it is mandatory. Mandatory in a way many Irish women and men cannot comprehend. Mandatory under threat of being ostracised, attacked and in not a few cases killed for transgressing the medieval community ideology.

Support "No Hijab Day" and support your sisters who may never feel the wind in their hair.

Here are words of wisdom from two ex-Muslims on this subject:

I'm all for ugly women covering up. They should don burkas, as far as I'm concerned. Ugly dudes too.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
I don't doubt it a chara.
I am not in favour of Islamic immigration into the ROI and I know first hand just how problematic certain types of Muslims can be. However the whole Counter-Jihad movement is insane in so many ways, and also attacks Muslims often for things they do right or things that are indifferent. Look at old photos of Ireland and you will see women with scarves around their head even in summer.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
I am not in favour of Islamic immigration into the ROI and I know first hand just how problematic certain types of Muslims can be. However the whole Counter-Jihad movement is insane in so many ways, and also attacks Muslims often for things they do right or things that are indifferent. Look at old photos of Ireland and you will see women with scarves around their head even in summer.

I fully agree. It's a pity that some people think they have to "prove" that Islam is evil before they can object to Muslim mass immigration.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Good on you, Swords. I see that increasingly at Tridentine Masses. But you don't venture into public wearing a chapel veil, nor is anyone dictating that to you.
I am much more "reform of the reform" than SSPX but I give the SSPX praise where praise is due (I also criticize them)- however they are I think correct on this issue. I don't veil my hair in general in public basically I don't want people to think I am a Muslima or Modern Orthodox Jewess or God forbid a Chabadnik.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
I fully agree. It's a pity that some people think they have to "prove" that Islam is evil before they can object to Muslim mass immigration.
I am against the indigenous English mass immigration into Wales which is happening for various reasons- none of them have to do with hating the English.

Top Bottom