• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Blog Herbert Marcuse, Father of the "new left" and "identity politics" worked AGAINST communism for the CIA/OSS

Herbert Marcuse:

Very Interestingly:

Between 1943 and 1950, Marcuse worked in US government service for the Office of Strategic Services (predecessor of the Central Intelligence Agency) where he criticized the ideology of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union in the book Soviet Marxism: A Critical Analysis (1958). After his studies, in the 1960s and the 1970s he became known as the preeminent theorist of the New Left and the student movements of West Germany, France, and the United States; some consider him the "father of the New Left".[8]

In other words the father of the "new left" and "identity politics"
worked for the OSS / CIA on propaganda against communism in the Soviet Union
It's there in black and white folks!

Still think what you're seeing around you today is being engineered by "commies"?
Or is it just the poisonous fruit of good old American capitalist pro corporate neoliberal think tanks?

D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
Why in the world are you so defensive about Communism? I don't care if he was working for the Communists or against them, his and his colleges terrible ideas have led us to the mess we live in.

Do you really believe that a handful of German academics are responsible for everything you see around you today?

D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
The NY Jewish bankers funded the Bolshevik revolution.

No, they gave Trotsky a small amount of money. The German High Command gave Lenin much more money.

D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
Marcuse is also the originator of the no platform anti-free speech attitude of leftist lunatics and antifa.
Repressive Tolerance (1965) is a key text for this.

From the wiki: Marcuse argues that "the realization of the objective of tolerance" requires "intolerance toward prevailing policies, attitudes, opinions, and the extension of tolerance to policies, attitudes, and opinions which are outlawed or suppressed." He makes the case for "liberating tolerance", which would consist of intolerance to right-wing movements and toleration of left-wing movements.

Well now, Hitler wasn't a big fan of free speech either back in the 1930s.

D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
He's long dead, but Big Tech is alive and well suppressing free speech at every opportunity.

It's clearly incorrect that Marcuse was the first one to be against free speech.

Eriugena

PI Member
Sep 13, 2020
No, they gave Trotsky a small amount of money. The German High Command gave Lenin much more money.
Trotsky was a British agent and generously financed by his big banker uncle. Trotsky was a truly nasty piece of work.
Stalin can't have been all bad if he arranged that business with the ice pick.

D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
Trotsky was a British agent and generously financed by his big banker uncle. Trotsky was a truly nasty piece of work.

This is the first time I've heard that Trotsky was a British agent. Where did you hear that?

Eriugena

PI Member
Sep 13, 2020
This is the first time I've heard that Trotsky was a British agent. Where did you hear that?
Ackerman in his book Trotsky in New York discusses the matter as do others elsewhere. The evidence is circumstantial but it seems pretty clear that he was involved with the newly formed MI6. See the Canada ship episode.
The banker uncle was Abram Zhivotovsky.

D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
Ackerman in his book Trotsky in New York discusses the matter as do others elsewhere. The evidence is circumstantial but it seems pretty clear that he was involved with the newly formed MI6. See the Canada ship episode.
The banker uncle was Abram Zhivotovsky.

That sounds very very tenuous to me. No doubt the Brits were keen to see the Tsar overthown, and would have seen Trotsky as useful to them, but I think it's a stretch to say he was a British agent.

Karloff

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015

The West respects Stalin's works when it suits them, it was he who gave the Armenian territory of Nagorno to the Azeris despite the fact that Armenian ethnic people have been living there since antiquity and the UNSC recognised his gift in the 90s despite the fact that the people there are Armenians.

Eriugena

PI Member
Sep 13, 2020
That sounds very very tenuous to me. No doubt the Brits were keen to see the Tsar overthown, and would have seen Trotsky as useful to them, but I think it's a stretch to say he was a British agent.
Well, all I can say is do your own research before coming to any firm conclusions.

Top Bottom