Hazel Chu Elected Lord Mayor of Dublin

According to The Irish Examiner's report, Mayor Chu said

"As first citizen I would like to see us united in common purpose, to tackle homelessness, and make Dublin a more liveable city."

'the city was "changing overnight" and she intends to look into the promoting walking and cycling, and better air quality.

"In recent years we have seen polarisation in politics overseas, Ireland is not immune," she added.

"Many in this chamber fought against those who would seek to divide us on race and gender,

"I have been on the receiving end, and the first steps are to acknowledge and challenge.

"There is no such thing as an innocent bystander.

"As first citizen, I would like to have open and frank conversations on racism and gender equality.

"My dream is my daughter will celebrate her diversity instead of being afraid by it.

"I have never been prouder to be an Irish woman as I stand here as the first citizen."

So more obsessing over issues that most people couldn't give two f*cks about - gender, race and a host of other identity politics sh1te. I'm sure her Mayorship will herald enormous changes for the ordinary Dubliner.

The disconnect between our representatives and the general population is staggering.

Lord Mayor. Its a mickey mouse job.

now if our Taoiseach, tanaiste and President were all t0ssers i would be far more worried....oh, eh, hang on a second ?

Hazel Chu wants gender equality ? Good. Lets see big progress with the high rate of suicide for men and the absence of single childless female refugees arriving into the country. Lets have gender quota's for jobs in Primary schools. Lets deal with male homelessness and shorter life span. Lets see gender equality in our prison population. Go Hazel.

Last edited:

Zosimus

PI Member
According to The Irish Examiner's report, Mayor Chu said

"As first citizen I would like to see us united in common purpose, to tackle homelessness, and make Dublin a more liveable city."

'the city was "changing overnight" and she intends to look into the promoting walking and cycling, and better air quality.

"In recent years we have seen polarisation in politics overseas, Ireland is not immune," she added.

"Many in this chamber fought against those who would seek to divide us on race and gender,

"I have been on the receiving end, and the first steps are to acknowledge and challenge.

"There is no such thing as an innocent bystander.

"As first citizen, I would like to have open and frank conversations on racism and gender equality.

"My dream is my daughter will celebrate her diversity instead of being afraid by it.

"I have never been prouder to be an Irish woman as I stand here as the first citizen."

Every sentence here is pregnant with dubious implications, most of which boil down to a commitment to fight social division with race-baiting and divisive identity politics. 'There's no such thing as an innocent bystander' means 'the Irish people in general are collectively guilty for me being mocked on twitter'.

Nonetheless, I don't regard Chu as any more objectionable than the average liberal (I think Asian race-baiting is different from black race-baiting in that it represents assimilation into the culture of white liberals rather than an expression of ethnic self-interest) and I feel much more aggrieved at the people who have made her Lord Mayor than I do at her.

A large part of our problem is that our political class is composed for the most part of people who are just plain dumb, and Hazel doesn't seem like an exception.

I have a feeling Chu as Mayor is going to be full clown car.
well, it's not like the job entails much anyway. My guess is that this appointment is purely an up yours from the trendy liberal class directed at those of us in the country who aren't on board with multiculturalism and the new woke religion.

I'd say a few established councillors who have worked hard for many years aren't the happiest tonight.

if she speaks irish i will give her some credit ?

but she has openly and proudly declared herself a feminist. Nice. We need a couple more feminists if we want to turn ireland into 'Sweden on the Atlantic'.

Maybe ivana bacik can advise Hazel on how to discuss feminist issues As Gaeilge ?

Last edited:

Zosimus

PI Member
if she speaks irish i will give her some credit ?
I personally think the President and the Lord Mayor should conduct everything through Irish and be forbidden to use English in public pronouncements. Cannot we at least afford Irish the dignity of being a ceremonial language, used by the ceremonial offices, even if we have conclusively given up on reviving it as a working language? I maintain that if we had become a monarchy instead of a republic an assiduous foreign king who learned Irish well and took the spirit of the revival to heart could have saved the language. We have suppressed and mutilated this aspect of our soul, but the Gael instinctively loves pomp and ceremony, and pomp and ceremony have the capacity to leave a salutary impression on him.

Catalpa

PI Member
Well its only for one year guys....

I've ticked off today already on the calendar so......2345678910111213......

1 down today

- and only another 364 to go

We'll get there yet.... :)

Top Bottom