Hazel Chu Elected Lord Mayor of Dublin

blue velvet

Donator
What's a person of colour?
Its a woke term for a non-white. Usually applied to blacks and south asians. Examiner may not have got the woke terminology exactly right, as she's not black or south asian.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
I don't expect to see the Pro Life Movement back in the Mansion House this year. No doubt the child murderers will be welcome though. Hazel repays the kindness of the Irish people by cheering on the slaughter of our children. That's racism at its most genocidal.

blue velvet

Donator
I don't expect to see the Pro Life Movement back in the Mansion House this year. No doubt the child murderers will be welcome though. Hazel repays the kindness of the Irish people by cheering on the slaughter of our children. That's racism at its most genocidal.
Not a hope. More likely that the Khmer Rouge would be invited.

DrPat2

PI Member
Its a woke term for a non-white. Usually applied to blacks and south asians. Examiner may not have got the woke terminology exactly right, as she's not black or south asian.
Seems others use it differently. A playwright on Arena on Pravda Radio 1 now talking about balance: Peter Daly says he has written a play about horrific racial violence perpetrated on black people by Irish emigrants to the US in July 1863 who he says are 'our forebearers' ( news to me - I didn't know they were my ancestors ) and decided to have 4 black actors, 3 white actors and 1 actor of colour in his play ! So for Daly at least it seems more specific.

Pravda reports that Daly says "I feel on safe ground to say that we have all said the wrong thing at one stage or another. Or used language that was once considered acceptable, but through education and understanding, we now know is not. I’ll go so far as to say we have all, at one stage, thought the wrong thing, until we learned it was wrong - by unlearning what we had been told previously."

Is white the absence of colour, in the style of a Pollock painting, I wonder? Are 'whites' basically colourless?

TW Tone

PI Member
Seems others use it differently. A playwright on Arena on Pravda Radio 1 now talking about balance: Peter Daly says he has written a play about horrific racial violence perpetrated on black people by Irish emigrants to the US in July 1863 who he says are 'our forebearers' ( news to me - I didn't know they were my ancestors ) and decided to have 4 black actors, 3 white actors and 1 actor of colour in his play ! So for Daly at least it seems more specific.

Pravda reports that Daly says "I feel on safe ground to say that we have all said the wrong thing at one stage or another. Or used language that was once considered acceptable, but through education and understanding, we now know is not. I’ll go so far as to say we have all, at one stage, thought the wrong thing, until we learned it was wrong - by unlearning what we had been told previously."

Is white the absence of colour, in the style of a Pollock painting, I wonder? Are 'whites' basically colourless?
How could Irish New Yorkers be our ancestors?
Did they come back to Ireland to have families?
Maybe one in a thousand did.

Nonsense language by that playwright.
He sounds like a nitwit.

Remember, Thomas Nast, the famous racist and anti-Catholic cartoonist, was born in Germany but based in New York all his working life.
The Yankee tradition of bigotry was far stronger than in the South.

Top Bottom