Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Have you "come out" in public yet?

Things have improved my side.

Over Christmas had some decent conversations with friends, formally into the r@cist thing. Even had them nodding about "The Jews will not replace us" 😂

Thelasthurrah

PI Member
Ok, excuse the thread title :)
By "coming out", I mean, are you comfortable discussing your counter culture political stance in social settings?

I must admit its something I struggle with, as you can lose friends (and family) in an instant, being a so-called right winger, or nationalist carries huge taboo in society all across the west. The workplace is a no go zone for discussion. I usually test the water a bit, to see if I'm dealing with a normie. It is very rare that I meet people with similar views.
Hopefully it will remain so.

Thelasthurrah

PI Member
I think you can shock, in a good way, Without foul language etc......by putting them on the defensive, Position-ly Like "We live in a very small country...why on earth would I want 'Open-Borders'"??

Over here I think there are tons of people Who 'Hate Trump'......but they couldn't tell you why!
Because he's a foul mouth ignoramus with the attention span of your average six year old.
He's also a narcissist, a dangerous guy to have as POTUS.
How he managed to get himself elected to such high office is beyond me.
I suppose at the same time I have a grudging admiration that he pulled it off.
Hopefully he'll be beaten this time.

Because he's a foul mouth ignoramus with the attention span of your average six year old.
Let's not forget to give credit where credit is due -

The beauty of course is, is that the 'left', such as yourself.. haven't learned a goddamn thing 🤣

Thelasthurrah

PI Member
Let's not forget to give credit where credit is due -

The beauty of course is, is that the 'left', such as yourself.. haven't learned a goddamn thing 🤣
Fair comment 're Hillary, and I wouldn't be confident that any of the present Democratic runners will beat him, if I'm honest.

mikeo

PI Member
He didn't 'Manage to get himself elected'......He was elected. Name a politician who ISN'T a narcissist!!!

Granted he doesn't have the High Moral Standards of the Clintons:LOL: or even the soaring intellect of O-bummer!!!:rolleyes:....."Yes Barry...there are 50 states, not 57....AND... they actually speak German in Austria....Really :D

I have GREAT Admiration, that he did pull it off......and Please God will do so again. Looking at the menagerie arrayed against him, should give confidence, but with the power of the nedia whores, Well......I'm just hoping for a landslide!

This is one I'm not too worried about anyway....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=336CtUJgrn8 :LOL:

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Premium
I was stateside on holiday last summer. I wanted to buy MAGA cap and I assumed that most retailers over there would stock them. On enquiring at several stores, I noticed the response of several shop assistants who weren't too enthusiastic about these caps.

I wasn't aware that you could only purchase these caps through the Republican Party office.
I purchased one, just to have one.

On wearing it here in Ireland, the reaction from family, friends, strangers is interesting.
I made a point of wearing at the March for Life but the crusty counter demo didn't turn up this year :)

OP
I

Irishman abroad

PI Member
I was stateside on holiday last summer. I wanted to buy MAGA cap and I assumed that most retailers over there would stock them. On enquiring at several stores, I noticed the response of several shop assistants who weren't too enthusiastic about these caps.

I wasn't aware that you could only purchase these caps through the Republican Party office.
I purchased one, just to have one.

On wearing it here in Ireland, the reaction from family, friends, strangers is interesting.
I made a point of wearing at the March for Life but the crusty counter demo didn't turn up this year :)
I have a woolly one, wear it to munster games the odd time :) very itchy though..

OP
I

Irishman abroad

PI Member
Wow....that argument still survives?? Un-believable, no offense to your friend,...but that is without a doubt, THE Stupid-est 'Cop-out' argument there is. Just a verbal excuse for someone to Put their head back in the sand. Hope you countered him;)
In fairness, I'm very open minded and take everyones views onboard, but jeebus that lad is completely ignorant. He then accused me of reading the daily mail, or conspiracy theories.....Standard NPC programming!!

Top Bottom