HAVE YOU ANY AFRICAN FRIENDS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1918
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
I tend to use the word friend sparingly however I was extremely friendly with a Coptic girl, an Ethiopian girl and a Nun from Tanzania, the Nun was brilliant and told me a lot about Africa in a manner that was unselfconsciously "Politically Incorrect" not that she was a self hating Black but she wasn't afraid to break down the different groups and the different types. She wasn't at all fond of Nigerians and regarded American Blacks similarly to how the KKK probably do.
here is something that i hope u like - an ethiopian nun pianist. she is literally from another dimension.

Over working in sites around London i'd have worked with a few now and again. They had a habit of coming out with weird and funny tbh analogies. I remember once talking to one about how much of a prick the boss was and he came out with "when your hand is in the lion's mouth you stroke his head."

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
Ive had loads of African colleagues/acquaintances over the years but Id have to say none have ever reached the status of friend. Simply because we have nothing in common.

Ive got a good number of Asian friends, Sikhs and Hindus, people Ive been on holidays with and been on Christ knows how many pissups with over the decades and been to Punjabi weddings and so on.

I've got one great Oriental friend (Taiwaneese) who I've kept up in touch with since we worked together fifteen or so years ago without whom I wouldn't know that we are living in the year of the Dog as she told me when we met a couple of weeks ago.

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium Account
Acquaintances are not friends. All ya'll need to learn that.
You'll meet a lot of people in your life and you'll be lucky to have a handful of real friends.

You'll meet a lot of people in your life and you'll be lucky to have a handful of real friends.
True. On mature reflection I can say I never had black or coloured friends.
Neither have I had Protestant friends. Not to say I have a problem with Prods.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
you'll find out who you're friends are if you're unlucky enuf to have crossed a femme fatale - i thought i had about 20 mates 20 years ago, now i have two. take out the violin - i know - but even the longest deepest friendships are surprisingly fickle.

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium Account
True. On mature reflection I can say I never had black or coloured friends.
Neither have I had Protestant friends. Not to say I have a problem with Prods.
People have different meanings of "friends".
I find it's mostly what can you do for me or what can I get off you today.
The type of "friends" you can do without!

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium Account
you'll find out who you're friends are if you're unlucky enuf to have crossed a femme fatale - i thought i had about 20 mates 20 years ago, now i have two. take out the violin - i know - but even the longest deepest friendships are surprisingly fickle.
I have one of them. She drives her boyfriend crazy talking about me, he says.
He keeps her company while she keeps an eye on me for some reason. Maybe I'm getting lost and don't know it.
Very strange behaviour!
She makes my skin crawl!

I agree that people use the word acquaintance too loosely in general these days but you can have people in your life who are somewhere between a friend and an acquaintance.

Top Bottom