Happy Retirement Your Excellency Robert Mugabe

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

I'd like to wish His Excellency Robert Mugabe a very happy retirement. He has given his whole life to the cause of Making Africa African Again. He spent twelve years in prison for the cause of his people, and another ten years fighting the racist Rhodesian régime which was backed up by the Brits and the Yanks. After independence, he did his best to improve his country - though it was not easy as the white settlers had made it into a slave society, where all the discipline and order of traditional tribal life had been broken down. In the last few years I believe he was taken advantage of by his wife and others and made some errors that his Comrades from the war felt they had to correct by a military coup. The new leader of Zimbabwe has been Mugabe's right hand man since the 1960s and is known for his ruthlessness. He will impose order on Zimbabwe with an iron fist - which is what the country badly needs. Anyway, I hope Robert will forget about all of that, he deserves some peace and rest. You have made Africa proud again Robert, I wish we Irish had a leader like you. Beir bua agus beannacht. Vive le Régime!

Last edited:

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account
He was certainly more sincere, well kempt & charitable than another than that other "Bob" we all know...

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

His Excellency looks forward to a happy retirement among his own beloved Zimbabwean people.

As expected, His Excellency and his wife have been given immunity from prosecution and allowed to enjoy their retirement in Zimbabwe. I'm quite sure when the glorious life of His Excellency comes to its noble end, he will be given a state funeral, so that all Zimbabwean Patriots - and Patriots from around the world - can express their respects.

Military authorities in Zimbabwe have agreed to grant the former president Robert Mugabe immunity from prosecution and a “generous pension” and have told him his safety will be protected in his home country.

Zimbabwe grants Robert Mugabe immunity from prosecution

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Mugabe is the Icon of Zimbabwe

Ziyambi Ziyambi, a Zanu-PF MP and former minister, said both had been guaranteed immunity from prosecution and other unspecified protections.

“There has been an agreement. They are elder statesmen and will be respected and given their dues. He was our president and he agreed to resign, so he will enjoy the benefits of being an ex-president, and his wife too. He is our icon,” Ziyambi said.

Zimbabwe grants Robert Mugabe immunity from prosecution

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Brothers in Arms against the Empire of Chaos

The Venezuelan government saluted the “brave Zimbabwean people” who didn't shy away from participating in the Chimurenga war of independence.

Venezuela's Foreign Ministry released a public statement in support of former Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe, a leader of the country's independence movement, acknowledging his tireless and successful struggle against “the permanent aggression of the former colonial powers,” namely the U.K. and its ally, the United States.

The Venezuelan government "will continue to recognize Robert Mugabe as a friend and ally of the Bolivarian Revolution and the cause of all people who fight for their freedom and independence,” the statement said.

It saluted the “brave Zimbabwean people” who didn't shy away from participating in the Chimurenga war of independence and, through the years, warding off repeated attacks by Western powers.

"The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela reaffirms its permanent commitment to solidarity with the brotherly people of Zimbabwe and wishes it the greatest success in the path of peace with social justice," the document concluded.

Venezuela Salutes Robert Mugabe's Legacy as Liberation Fighter, Friend

Blokey

Political Irish
Over recent years Mugabe already loos as if he is in bad health, he certainly no longer has the stamina to keep up with current events without falling asleep.

Mugabe is someone I believe used to be for the people, but when he got into power he allowed himself to be sucked in and as we all know, power corrupts.

Do I wish him well in his retirement? Well, I don't wish him anything bad, that is for others to judge. However, I don't believe he will be too far away from letting people know his opinion.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Just reading here in the Financial Times that His Excellency has been awarded a very generous pension, plus a staff of 22, plus four international visits per year with a full retinue. He recently traveled to Singapore on a private jet for a medical check up with a retinue of 22. In an interview with the FT, the new President Emmerson Mnangagwa says - "He is our father figure, our founding father. We'll do everything in our power to keep him happy."

And that's as it should be. Live Long and Prosper Your Excellency. Your fans here in Ireland are always wishing you well.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Go raibh maith agat to Anglophile for posting this excellent tribute to His Excellency. Only trouble was he posted it in the wrong thread.