Happy "Independence Day", Ireland.

Threads
On this day, in 1919, Ireland officially declared Independence from Great Britain.
The only International body to recognise this courageous act was the Soviet Union.
Although we no longer have independence under the EU, and part of the Nation remains in the U.K, I think its a date worth remembering, as it embodies the the patriotic spirit of our forefathers.
So why does our sham media and Govt (and opposition) not even mention it?
They will celebrate July 4th and Bastille Day, but tell people who celebrate the Irish date "to stop living in the past".

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
On this day, in 1921, Ireland officially declared Independence from Great Britain.
The only International body to recognise this courageous act was the Soviet Union.
Although we no longer have independence under the EU, and part of the Nation remains in the U.K, I think its a date worth remembering, as it embodies the the patriotic spirit of our forefathers.
They will celebrate July 4th and Bastille Day, but tell people who celebrate the Irish date "to stop living in the past".
I think the 18 th of April should be celebrated rather than today. The South didn't really achieve independence until that day in 1949.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
On this day, in 1919, Ireland officially declared Independence from Great Britain.

I'm not surprised the free state régime doesn't want to mention this, as it casts a very cold light over their nest of criminality.

Threads
I'm not surprised the free state régime doesn't want to mention this, as it casts a very cold light over their nest of criminality.
When you say free state régime do you mean from the very start of the state's existence? Someone on another forum I read ages ago went on about how certain people and their families took over key institutions of the state and thus a counter-revolution or words to that effect. The oligarchy was there from day one and emigration was the safety valve keeping things in place.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
When you say free state régime do you mean from the very start of the states existence? Someone on another forum I read ages ago went on about how certain people and their families took over key institutions of the state and a thus acounter-revolution or words to that effect. The oligarchy was there from day one and emigration was the safety valve keeping things in place.

Yes, it was a coup right from the very start of the free state. The old landowning Catholic Irish Party types were in control of the free state from the very start. And let's not forget that the civil service was left completely unchanged. One day it was doing its business as part of the British Empire, and the next it was doing exactly the same business in exactly the same way, with exactly the same attitudes - but now called the civil service of the Irish Free State (which officially still was part of the British Empire).

This is a very detailed book on the subject called The Irish Counter Revolution, by John M. Regan. I get the impression that he's a Fine Gaeler, as he seems to believe that every state has to put down its Revolutionaries and allow the business classes to rule. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I got. Still, it's a very detailed book and goes into the methods used to ethnically cleanse the rural areas of "troublemakers." In 1922 there was a huge rural Proletariat in Ireland, i.e. landless workers. They had taken over creameries and factories during the Tar War and set up Soviets. Indeed, the rural poor were more politicized than the urban poor. The Free Staters saw this rural Proletariat as their main enemy from the very start and did all in their power to force them to emigrate.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
There's really no point in celebrating Independence Day here either, and it's small wonder that Vicksburg and other parts of Mississippi didn't celebrate it for 70 years. I remember (as if it were yesterday really) in the early 90's, going to a park outside of Los Angeles to watch a 4th of July fireworks display. I saw shitloads of people in the park who displayed Mexican flags prominently. My buddy's fianceé, who is coincidentally Mexican, exclaimed indignantly, "What the hell is wrong with these people?" The whole spectacle made it abundantly clear to me that America was and is in deep, deep shit.

Strangely enough though, when Soros and his open-borders ilk decide to browbeat Congress into doing their bidding, they trot out illegal aliens and parade them down boulevards, making sure they wave American flags. Off camera, their compadres are waving Mexican flags and yelling, "Fuck Trump!" and "Fuck white people!" It's surreal.

Yes, nothing says patriotism like a bunch of paid illegal aliens, waving cheap, Chinese-made American flags.

Threads
I think the 18 th of April should be celebrated rather than today. The South didn't really achieve independence until that day in 1949.
You are correct, that is true, you are realistic. It would be like me stating the UK doesn't have a history, over the past three centuries, and saying it is all pointless, and rubbish. And Kingdom of England or nothing sort of outlook. History is history, the world wouldn't be what it is, if different.

McTell

PI Member
Threads
//
//.

Cos the weather is so bad in january.

4th July would work better for parades and everyone being in a good mood. Just bad planning on the part of the first dail, a sign of things to come.

Top Bottom