Happy Birthday Linux. 27 years old

johnhan279

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Developers are threatening rescind their code from the Linux Kernel (which is allowed under the GPL version 2), and there is even the option of suing should their property (code) not be removed from Linux. Its an option to fight back against the Social Justice Warrior (SJW) infestation in the Linux

Truthisfree

PI Member
I have been participating in and running open-source projects for a quarter-century. In all that time I never had to know or care whether my fellow contributors were white, black, male, female, straight, gay, or from the planet Mars, only whether their code was good. The SJWs want to make me care; they want to make all of us obsess about this, to the point of having quotas and struggle sessions and what amounts to political officers threatening us if we are insufficiently “diverse”.
Says it all. I have worked under similar circumstances.

jpc

PI Member
I would have thought that software development is the ultimate meritocracy.
Your race,private life, physical state,political views, sexual or gender orientation don't enter into any thing.
Your ability to code is the measure of your worth.
Now correct me if I'm wrong.
But the above is total equality.
What are these SJW fuckwits outraged about then?
One thing is totally illuminated.
These SJWs are nasty intolerant irrational bigots.
Fuck them, because they have nothing to contribute to the world but demented ideology that destroys anything that it comes in contact with.
A mediocrity of jealous non achievement.

GodsDog

PI Member
I would have thought that software development is the ultimate meritocracy.
Your race,private life, physical state,political views, sexual or gender orientation don't enter into any thing.
Your ability to code is the measure of your worth.
Now correct me if I'm wrong.
But the above is total equality.
What are these SJW fuckwits outraged about then?
One thing is totally illuminated.
These SJWs are nasty intolerant irrational bigots.
Fuck them, because they have nothing to contribute to the world but demented ideology that destroys anything that it comes in contact with.
A mediocrity of jealous non achievement.
Indeed. Rather an odd target for what claims to be a movement aimed at achieving equality!!

But IMHO it's not about equality at all.
Someone wants to control/destroy the linux project.
Who knows who is behind this push but I have my suspicions!

Ask yourself Cui Bono?
Who is it that would want a free open source operating system
not owned by corporations to be destroyed?

Quite a few people. And none of them terribly interested in equality!!
Except in the sense of everyone being equally enslaved to their interests!

This whole mindless drive to multiculturalism / LGBTQ... etc has been hijacked, weaponised and has now become
a very dangerous and destructive force on so many fronts!
And those in the shadows pulling the strings and laughing as they destroy what remains of a traditional class warfare left in disarray
are getting a free hand to impose some very repressive and controlling norms on society
that they could never have even contemplated in the past!

johnhan279

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abstract

Presented by Benno Rice

systemd is, to put it mildly, controversial. As a FreeBSD developer I decided I wanted to know why.

I delved into the history of bootstrap systems, and even the history of UNIX and other contemporary operating systems, to try and work out why something like systemd was seem as necessary, if not desirable. I also tried to work out why so many people found it so upsetting, annoying, or otherwise rage-inducing.

Join me on a journey through the bootstrap process, the history of init, the reasons why change can be scary, and the discovery of a part of your OS you may not even know existed.

Top Bottom