Happy 70th Birthday Israel

roc_

PI Member
Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian official, citing Israel-UAE peace deal.... (y)
I assume Netanyahu would have to be nominated alongside him.

His speech before the US Congress in May, as well as his tough stance on Iran, is what earned him respect in Sunni-Arab capitals.

It is a great achievement to have repaired relations with the Arab world.

No doubt they're livid up in the peanut gallery about the prospect of the conflict coming closer to being finally resolved.

Karloff

PI Member
UAE is committing war crimes in Yemen in partnership with the UK and US and Saudis.

When you have a nation of rich materialism-oriented Arabs willing to perpetrate atrocities against fellow Muslims and fellow Arabs it's not really a leap to embrace Israel. Not a surprise at all, Saudi to follow.

Last edited:

roc_

PI Member
UAE is committing war crimes in Yemen in partnership with the UK and US and Saudis.

When you have a nation of rich materialism-oriented Arabs willing to perpetrate atrocities against fellow Muslims and fellow Arabs it's not really a leap to embrace Israel. Not a surprise at all, Saudi to follow.
Keep on cheering then for the Iran backed Houthi rebels from the peanut gallery, maybe that will inspire them to finally vanquish once and for all those countries you hate. And maybe even these countries will roll over and give up owing to the force of your quarter of public opinion. Just keep it up. Victory is near, comrade.

Anglophile

PI Member
Unbelievable. Irish Taoiseach Micheal Martin yesterday said "the US engagement with Israel has not been helpful". Arsehole.

The mirror image of Mary Lou and the English.

You never lose votes bashing the Brits and Israel in this country......:sick:

SwordOfStCatherine

There is along with the obsession in material wealth which to be fair you find much more among the Orthodox Jews outside of Palestine than within it where it tends to be the superficial Tel Aviv secular trash who are the ones really obsessed with as much money as possible the official take on Islam in both the UAE and Saudi Arabia shares a core misanthropy, an almost total lack of concern with issues of actual social justice, an intellectual poverty which goes hand in hand with a zealous interest in the minutia of Religious rules and an imbalanced obsession with cultural purity with much of contemporary Rabbinic Judaism which with the success of the Zionist colonial project has seen as reversal of the trend towards humanism within it. That and they also have a flagarent self-righteousness which only deepens their out of control hypocrisy and intense racism. The Jewish State and the Saudi Kingdom as well as the UAE (Dubai has to be one of the most evil cities on earth) are really cancers on humanity. Saudi influence has been disastrous for the Muslim world. I am totally for boycotting it.

Last edited:

Karloff

PI Member
Incredible archaeological discovery!

Magnificent & rare remains of a royal structure from the time of the Kings of Judah were discovered in an excavation near City of David/Ancient Jerusalem
by the Israel Antiquities Authority.:love:
Meanwhile we are leaving Anglo's Hollywood fantasy and back to the real world.

It is the final step in a gradual yet deliberate scheme that has continued over nearly ten years with the intention of annexing these two sites to nearby illegal settlements, said the statement.

“Israel's colonial regime strives to systematically usurp Palestinian archeological sites, as part of its drive to colonize Palestinian land and replace the Palestinian people.”

In addition to assaulting the Palestinian people's present and hijacking their future, this regime wants to confiscate our collective past and historical narrative, said the statement.
I stand with the Palestinians, my fellow human beings targeted for replacement by foreign invaders.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member

His speech before the US Congress in May, as well as his tough stance on Iran, is what earned him respect in Sunni-Arab capitals.

No doubt they're livid up in the peanut gallery about the prospect of the conflict coming closer to being finally resolved.
Trump and Netanyahu nominated for a Peace Prize? What a joke. As for relations with the Arab world, the corrupt prices of Arabia were always willing to whore their mothers for the Yankee dollar. But, they aren't the Arab world.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Keep on cheering then for the Iran backed Houthi rebels from the peanut gallery, maybe that will inspire them to finally vanquish once and for all those countries you hate. And maybe even these countries will roll over and give up owing to the force of your quarter of public opinion. Just keep it up. Victory is near, comrade.
The Houthis have earned the respect of anti-imperialists all over the world.

SwordOfStCatherine

Of course there is no conflict. There is brutal oppression which you support. You support the lifting of kids at random and torturing them and further believe that opposition to this is "anti-Semitism". Actual Democracy in Palestine terrifies you. All Zionist roads to genocide. Own it and stop pretending,

roc_

PI Member
The Houthis have earned the respect of anti-imperialists all over the world.
No doubt.

I'm well aware of the cheering for the "anti-imperialist" revolution of Iran, and of any successes they may have in Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon, arming the West Bank and Gaza, weakening those elements of Saudi Arabia that welcome ties with the West, and so on.

I understand the "anti-imperialist" aims of the Iranian revolution and the "anti-imperialist" aims of Al Qaeda and so on. I may even have a certain sympathy with some of the sentiments expressed therein.

However, my point relates to the propagandising for one side only in a conflict that as with all conflicts traps ordinary people in the middle. - The Houthi rebels with the backing of Iran decide to overthrow the government of the country. - Of course there are geopolitical interests who can do nothing otherwise than react in kind to attempt to thwart that attempted overthrow.

You see these propagandists are in reality less concerned with "human rights" than with creating disadvantage for one side and advantage for the other. - If they are "anti-imperialists" will their voice not be much more effective if they are speaking to their own comrades? Then let them call to their own side to desist and work towards peace. Of course at the end of the day the de-escalation of hostilities be the best thing for "human rights".

But they will never do this I well know. I can well see this, and the hypocrisy and self-deception rankles.

Last edited:

SwordOfStCatherine

It would be interesting how you see the "conflict" being finally resolved. You support the indigenous population being crowded into ever smaller enclaves not just in the West Bank but inside the Green Line- and you support the lifting at random of kids on the West Bank and torturing them in order to traumatize the population. Opposing this you consider "antisemitism". Do you know that only two books by Samir Naqqash, an Iraqi Jewish novelist widely considered a literary genius in the wider region who died in 2004 have been translated into Modern Hebrew both in pitifully small editions? That is how cut off from the Arabic speaking world Palestinian Jews are- cut off to the extent that they cannot even celebrate a genius of their own because he wrote in Arabic. Of course in your sentimental self regard you consider those Palestinian Jews who do want to actually mend relations with the Arabic speaking world as "self-hating" or worse. Just how far too the "Right" of soft Zionists like the New Israel Fund types you are is worth examining. Less than two percent of the Palestinian Jewish population speak Arabic and the majority of those who do have done so for reasons to do with security. There is an interesting book about this;

One of the things that struck me in the reaction to Peter Beinart's essays calling for some type of one state solution that does not involve the brutal oppression of the indigenous population was the claim by Daniel Gordis and others that not brutalizing and murdering "Arabs" would harm the ability of Jews in Palestine to write poetry. It is interesting because if you speak to non-Zionist, anti-Zionist and post-Zionist Palestinian Jews one of their major complaints about Zionism is the horrific scale of the damage it has done to cultural level of very many Jews.

Top Bottom