Half of Longford's population will be of a mixed race by 2050, a public meeting has been told.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Sgt David McInerney, from the Gardai's Racial, Intercultural and Diversity Office said lessons had already been learned from legacy issues brought about by ill advised segregation policies that still faced the likes of Britain and France.

"People came in from countries that were colonised but nobody asked them what sort of police service they wanted," he said.

When will the Irish people ever be asked what sort of police service we want? I suspect the first thing we would ask is to disband the Gardaí and replace it with an honest, disciplined and accountable force.

Do you read at all? Did the Know Nothings and the KKK allow them to take over America? The overwhelming majority of Irish arrived as bond servants who were in many instances treated much worse than black chattel slaves. They were under someone's boot for generations.
As are the immigrants here in Ireland. Your point?

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Premium Account
It depends what they were going for - if to explore a new land then Yes it was right once they didn't impinge on the rights of the natives.

If it was for fortune and to plunder that land then no it wasn't right.
So do you regard what it is happening now in Ireland as a just punishment for colonising Australia and America?

And you believe the colonisation of Australia and America was very positive?
I'm indifferent to it. I don't think it was very positive or negative. I think it was done however for the survival of the white race - thats why they ventured out to colonise other lands as well as gain a fortune.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Premium Account
I'm indifferent to it. I don't think it was very positive or negative. I think it was done however for the survival of the white race - thats why they ventured out to colonise other lands as well as gain a fortune.
Previously you said natives of America and Australia were not asked when 'the Irish took over their land' and so Irish people alive today in Ireland should in no way oppose our country being taken over by brown people.

You suggest here that the colonisation of American and Australia was a negative thing for the natives.

Previously you said natives of America and Australia were not asked when 'the Irish took over their land' and so Irish people alive today in Ireland should in no way oppose our country being taken over by brown people.

You suggest here that the colonisation of American and Australia was a negative thing for the natives.
It depends. I argue the case for those that might not like immigration but personally I find no problem with it.

I try to see the story from both perspectives.

This isn't me being hypocritical.

Top Bottom