• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

Green White and Orange. Not enough?

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Jan 23, 2020
Do you really mean they are doing a bang-up job or should be banged up for the job they're doing?
Imagine if you will. A chain gang.
Michael, strips to the waist, the glorious plumes of freckles erupt on his bare back as he struggles again and again to lift the sledgehammer. His muscles, weakened by years of inactivity. If only he could use his jaws which have been strengthened by the constant need to verbally defend his political career.
Ensuing is Leo, the lion. He spots Michaels difficulty. He doesn't need to strip his shirt off because his Jail husband prefers him bare chested. Leo spoons Micheal from behind, grasps both his hands and guides them onto the shaft of the tool...... And that's all I have time for. Sweet dreams.

Ok i'd prefer if iI didn't read that

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Jan 23, 2020
The greatest tactic of all. No need for longbow men or knights or muskets. Just make us uncomfortable and you can walk right through us

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Jan 23, 2020
The greatest army in Irish history! Fionn is back, and CuChulainn is leading the charge! Who's that coming over the hill? Silken Thomas and Wolfe Tone!

4 million Irish men with the most advanced weaponary in history! A loss is impoosible!

The enemy leader walks forward, we scoff at his impertence, but then he speaks.

You know the only way you exist is because your Dad rode your Mam?

Complete moral collapse...

Hitsticle

PI Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ok i'd prefer if iI didn't read that
I'd have prefered if I didn't have to write it, but you forced me to with your talk of tans and freckles in a political forum. Who's this Mick you speak of? I thought it was Martin coming back from France. I apologise.

londonresident

PI Member
Oct 28, 2016
I get where your coming from and it's a fair point but that's the past.

If the Irish nation is to rise it will require our entire territory, and if your in the way you're in the way. But you can't rely on divisions of English troops to back up your claim anymore.

Tbh honest I'd prefer if Ireland wasn't some MNC hosting EU begging bowl. But that's just my opinon.

This is old.

But the point about the province, is the aim should be about simply Ulster under the St Patrick's cross as the UK flag displays , or the Ulster flag is some prefer.

The parades are a part of the history there, but the burning of flags and all that should end. The closest to a united Ireland is Northern Ireland, and it is a tough place with people, not wanting to know one another. It is everywhere, one party points to a future with culture and an economy, and the other does the same, no interest in each other. So it ends up in a no discussion.

A peace wall, just one section removed by the council would lead to what?

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Jan 23, 2020

This is old.

But the point about the province, is the aim should be about simply Ulster under the St Patrick's cross as the UK flag displays , or the Ulster flag is some prefer.

The parades are a part of the history there, but the burning of flags and all that should end. The closest to a united Ireland is Northern Ireland, and it is a tough place with people, not wanting to know one another. It is everywhere, one party points to a future with culture and an economy, and the other does the same, no interest in each other. So it ends up in a no discussion.

A peace wall, just one section removed by the council would lead to what?

Personally I don't think Northern Ireland is a thing. It's just Ireland. This concept of a united Ireland is ridicolous to my viewpoint? What, did a part of Ulster float out into the sea? And we have to figure out a way of sticking it back on?

Ireland is Ireland. No matter what short term Dolly Parton fans are in power north or south.

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Jan 23, 2020
Serbia wouldn't exist if the Serbs weren't willing to fight for it. Just be another failed people in the dustbin of history. Fairly sure the Albanian homeland is well intact, Worst comes to worse it wouldn't bother them too much. Serbian territory is Serbian territory. Just because a load of Albanians happen to live in a certain part doesn't change that fact. They can always fuck back off to Albania.

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Jan 23, 2020
We need polish signs in Ireland! If you're that desperate for Polish signage fuck off home to Poland?

OP
RealMcCoy

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Jan 23, 2020
'Ethnic separation is the stuff of life in the Presevo Valley, an impoverished corner of Serbia.'

So it's not Albania? I'm confused...

Irish realist

PI Member
Jul 31, 2019
Picts are not Gael - they were P-Celts like the Welsh. They were in Scotland before the Gaels arrived and their culture and identity was trashed by both Gael and Saxon. The Pict became the subsumed culture in the new Scotland.

We in Ireland need to make sure we don't follow the same path wrt Loyalists and Orangeism, they have major support among elites down here who hate the Catholic Church and the revolutionary history of Ireland. I say we wait and see let the birth rates decide things, keep things as they are - Catholics up there make babies. Both parts of the island will likely be overrun with complete foreigners soon anyway.
The Gaels and Celts were foreigners once. A mixture of Genes may do us some good.

londonresident

PI Member
Oct 28, 2016
Another problem with the belfast agreement, or more the power sharing is, neither side wanted to distance themselves from their past. I guess the releasing of prisoners, should of been a done deal to put the past in the past. That is the real problem, understanding what happened, and not walking with the past on once's sleeve. This wasn't really done with the Belfast agreement, and generally the politics of mistrust in the stormont government continues.