Going home after 11 years away, what should I expect?

Murf13

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No.

I don’t have those options

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
No.

I don’t have those options
Too bad. I have only discovered how easy it is, for me anyway, so I will be posting a ton of photos. Otherwise I think you have to host them or download them or something and that is time consuming, and confusing for lads like me.

@graceland.com

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
It’s most disturbing when seen in these rural places too, the violation of our heritage becomes all the more stark. You could somehow accept/write off the Dublin, but too see what’s happening to rural Ireland, well...
True
I was down in cork and kerry recently and every hotel was staffed by foreigners, very disappointing for some one seeking a sense of irishNess on the so called wild Atlantic way, wild my arse it's rife with globalism and forein people.
I then was in donegal last week staying between .my house and my wifes family home where they all speak vernacular irish
All the time. It was nice.
We then ate out a few times, in falcarragh and dungloe. In dungloe we ate st the waterfront hotel and all the staff were irish and it made a difference I can tell you.
You could have a laugh and a joke with them and appreciate their donegal accents and hospitality, I would recommend gweedore and the rosses for some one seeking irish hospitality. But not letterkenny or other towns in donegal where hotels are staffed by non irish staff.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
True
I was down in cork and kerry recently and every hotel was staffed by foreigners, very disappointing for some one seeking a sense of irishNess on the so called wild Atlantic way, wild my arse it's rife with globalism and forein people.
I then was in donegal last week staying between .my house and my wifes family home where they all speak vernacular irish
All the time. It was nice.
We then ate out a few times, in falcarragh and dungloe. In dungloe we ate st the waterfront hotel and all the staff were irish and it made a difference I can tell you.
You could have a laugh and a joke with them and appreciate their donegal accents and hospitality, I would recommend gweedore and the rosses for some one seeking irish hospitality. But not letterkenny or other towns in donegal where hotels are staffed by non irish staff.
At this stage, if a place is staffed by Irish people, you can probably bet that they’re doing it on purpose. And how long before legal ‘quotas’ are introduced to stop such wacism?

It’s a complete erasing of our culture and people. Give it 50 years, if we don’t wake up in the next 2, and whatever we were will be just a distant memory.

Murf13

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I’m back “state side” and I’ve mixed emotions about what I witnessed.

Obviously there are a shit ton of Eastern Europeans working in once highly desired jobs such as at the airport and rural towns and even villages are full of them but other than ennis, I didn’t see too many Syrians or Africans.
Except the Asian lady attending at Aillwee caves 😀

That said, the country in general is awash with immigrants, disproportionately so imho

On a related note, the 2008 crash seems to be a distant memory with zero lessons learned 😭

@graceland.com

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

Obviously there are a shit ton of Eastern Europeans working in once highly desired jobs such as at the airport and rural towns and even villages are full of them but other than ennis, I didn’t see too many Syrians or Africans.

That said, the country in general is awash with immigrants, disproportionately so imho

On a related note, the 2008 crash seems to be a distant memory with zero lessons learned 😭
Yeah the 2008 crash

They haven't gone away you know

A distant thunder

Reactions: BSA

atkin8

PI Member

This depends on where you live some places have few asians but more africans .

Top Bottom