Going home after 11 years away, what should I expect?

Murf13

PI Member
Like the thread title says, I haven’t been home since 2008 and at the time, people in Ireland hadn’t yet figured out that the shit was hitting the fan globally. Everyone was talking about how big their car was and how much their house was worth. There were plenty of Eastern Europeans and the road from limerick to Galway wasn’t yet complete.

So what’s new?

El Chaval.

PI Member
Murf, I went home 2 or 3 years ago with the intentions of settling down.
Found it hard to get work, as I was continuously told I had to be registered unemployed first. I didn't want to sign on but I had to register. Ignorant fuckwits demanded to know why I cane home, and told me I would have to wait up to 6 months to meet habitual residence. Meanwhile all around me were foreigners signing on.
I farted about for a few months with no income bar the odd day or 2 working for friends and family. Never did get registered and left.
An African bus driver dropped me off at the departure lounge.
Only an armed revolution would bring me back again..

Murf13

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Murf, I went home 2 or 3 years ago with the intentions of settling down.
Found it hard to get work, as I was continuously told I had to be registered unemployed first. I didn't want to sign on but I had to register. Ignorant fuckwits demanded to know why I cane home, and told me I would have to wait up to 6 months to meet habitual residence. Meanwhile all around me were foreigners signing on.
I farted about for a few months with no income bar the odd day or 2 working for friends and family. Never did get registered and left.
An African bus driver dropped me off at the departure lounge.
Only an armed revolution would bring me back again..
I hear ya.
I’ve been gone since the mid 80’s
I tried going back in ‘94 but lasted about 4 months
Seems I’m looked upon as a foreigner everywhere these days

El Chaval.

PI Member
I hear ya.
I’ve been gone since the mid 80’s
I tried going back in ‘94 but lasted about 4 months
Seems I’m looked upon as a foreigner everywhere these days
What's motivating you to go back?

DS86DS

PI Member
Infanticide, a Gay half-Indian leader and gangs of young African thugs terrorising schoolchildren and the elderly in towns like Balbriggan.

But the more native Irish like yourself that returns the better. Those native born departed by returning can hopefully help us turn this country around.

In saying that, Ireland is still a beautiful land with breathtaking landscapes like the Ring of Kerry, Connemara, the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. Beloved by the Irish Diaspora and romantics in countries like Gemany and Holland.

Unfortunately though, Dublin is no more. What was once the Dirty Auld Town of Ronnie Drew is but yet another Globalist clone city........multicultural and the same damn chain stores one finds in any other city in the world.

The West of Ireland, Kerry or Donegal remains in the most part traditionally Irish. I'd recommend moving here particularly if you are raising a family, and avoid Dublin regardless of so-called job opportunities. The big smoke is no longer the Irish city of Dubliners ballad.....but just another clone of any other Globalist city across the world today.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Top Bottom