Video Gillette release the most cucked advert of all time

Gin Soaked

PI Member
Gillette have produced inferior steel products for many years now.
Their razors are over designed, overpriced and do a poor job.
The steel is poorly specified , wrought and tempered

This is quite deliberate on the company’s part because such is their arrogance they continue trade on a fallen reputation in the expectation that their products are sought after and will always sell

When it’ comes to razors I have been an ABG man now for many years.
( Anything But Gillette)
Possibly off topic, but my first razor was a twin razor Gillette, since then, I think I change every 10 years and have been using the old Fusion 5 blade thingies for about 10 years. I don't cut myself or get a rash so I am happy but possibly ignorant.

Is there really a difference. Any recommendations?

On topic? Well the ad is all nice and fluffy, but there are enough corporate abuses in their parent company which might merit attention first. Personally, I'd promote beards as being passe and get people shaving again...

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Someone posted a blog earlier in the thread which gives an interesting (and accurate IMO) analysis of product life cycles.

Gillette blades are "ok", but you're not really getting what you pay for. When I was purchasing gillette, I paid 8-10 EU EUs for a carton of mach 3 (4 blades). It's not a bad wet shave, but the fact is that the planned obsolescence in their product means that the blades are written off within 1.5 - 2 months. Their shaving gel is cheap shyte - you can't get a good lather from rubbing that muck on your face.

Anyhoo Gillette introduced quantum shaving or some other malarkey, and I could no longer find Mach 3 blades in Tescos, since they were selling this new fusion shyte. So ye had to buy the complete set, which cost 20 EU EUs.

Long story short, I said "fork it", and bought a cut throat. There's a learning curve associated with it: you're going to cut yourself, and your face will look like raw hamburger until you get the attack angle right, but once you come to grips with it, it really is a pleasant shave.

I hone my blades on 8,000 and 10,000 grits after every 5 shaves or so. Takes about 45 mins and I just give them a touch up. Belgian coticules are supposed to be the bees knees for keeping the blade sharp. I'm still on the look out for one.

There's a higher cost associated with old school shaving, but I reckon that as long as you don't cut your throat, you'll enjoy it and recoup the costs since you won't have to pay for disposable blades. Moreover, old school shaving is environmentally friendly!

Bad dog

Donator
PI Member
No he doesn't. Let's be honest about it, we've all got a cushy number, hiding behind our keyboards, mug of steaming horlicks on a coaster, setting the world to rights. For all his moral grandstanding O'Gormless is no different. I couldn't give a fork about his incessant wheezing about gender politics; but, in my mind, he'll be forever associated with using a human rights organisation to lobby for the revocation of a fundamental human right: the right to life.

Never forget that. Next time AI ask you for money, you know what to say.

Give me Mother Teresa, or any of those hard as nails missionaries (atheist and theist) who are out in the field putting their bodies on the line for nowt more than than the belief that their sacrifices will bring light into an increasingly darker, materialistic, narcissistic world (whilst O'Gormless is sitting beside a blazing fire, tucking into a luxurious meal between telling us all how we should behave!).

As if anyone would care shamnesty statement on Kenya's Islamic terrorist attached.
But they didn't call it that. No mention of Islam or terrorism.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
PI Member
PI Member
PI Member
Top Bloke
Cucktalk did a segment on the Gillette Ad today and needless to say everyone that rang in and had their txts read out were in favour of the Ad.

There's a girl about a third of the way into the link below who says she was stalked by a bloke after she tweeted support for the Ad. Apparently he called Leo an "Indian Sodomite". I immediately thought of Atlantean! :grinning:

GDPR Consent

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
getting more and more angry by the day. ...........SISTER.

When the backlash comes make sure you have your hijab ready for use.....SISTER.
What? by having abortions and using contraception?
Quite clearly the point of all that is to be able to have sex without having "more of me" you arsehole! :rolleyes:
maddog stop your mentally ill stalking! you can't comprehend what i am talking about because of your low iq! incoherent buffoon!

YouTube is trying to prevent angry mobs from abusing “dislike” button

YouTube's dislike button can be a source of anxiety for many creators, and now YouTube is considering a number of options to prevent viewers from abusing that tool. Tom Leung, director of project management at YouTube, posted an update to the Creator Insider channel recently in which he detailed some "lightly discussed" options for combatting "dislike mobs," or large groups of users who slam the dislike button on a video before watching the whole thing, or even watching the video at all.

While none of the options Leung details may ever become permanent, YouTube is thinking about experimentation. Currently, like and dislike ratings are shown by default—that's why anyone can see the number of likes and dislikes a video has by checking out the numbers next to the thumbs-up and thumbs-down icons beneath the video player. However, users can change their settings to make ratings invisible.
One of the new options YouTube has talked about is making those ratings invisible by default, so you wouldn't be able to see the number of likes or dislikes a video has. Other options include asking users to provide more information about why they disliked a video (possibly in the form of a checklist), removing the dislike count across the board, and removing the dislike button entirely.

Leung acknowledges that all of these options have pros and cons, and YouTube may not implement any of them after testing. Particularly, he notes that removing the dislike button from YouTube isn't the most democratic option, and it's quite extreme. Leung invites users to leave their own suggestions as to what YouTube should do in the comments of the update video.
While plenty of creators have fallen victim to dislike mobs, YouTube itself experienced a massive mob recently when its 2018 Rewind video became the most disliked video on the platform last year (as of today, it has 15 million dislikes). Millions of those dislikes may have been genuine, but it's possible that millions of other dislikes came from users hopping on the negativity bandwagon.
Numerous dislikes can prevent the video from showing up in recommended lists and limit viewership overall. Creators big and small on YouTube can be affected by dislike mobs, particularly if a video includes divisive content or if the creators themselves is a controversial figure. But like most issues that YouTube tries to tackle and perfect, it will be difficult for the company to find a solution that actually fixes the problem and also doesn't frustrate some creators and users.
The brave new world programming isnt working on everyone, so the 1984 response is now needed. There seems to be no issue with creating likes but ye cannot dislike, thats bad, someones feelings might get hurt.

amsterdemmetje

PI Member
Well after seeing that ad myself and the lads at the door said we would tone down the masculinity a bit. One of the lads said if we would wear one item of female clothing that it would put us in touch with our famine side. So we said we'd do that. So I borrowed the missus black mini skirt that she wears she she goes out on cleaning jobs. Waxed the legs and a bit of fake tan but didn't go well with my shoes so threw on her size 10 high heels. I take size 11 so were not too bad. Rocked on to work turns out the lads had all decided to wear only women's socks as the item of women's clothing so I stuck out all night but apart from the slagging it felt good and definitely there was less toxic masculinity around for the night . Butvwas fucking cold .

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
i would just like to note that in the uk gillette razors are selling at huge discounts in the supermarkets. i was tempted but said no. other brands for the rest of my life. your actions matter. send the message it's working!

Top Bottom