• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Self Moderated Georgian Dublin

page61

PI Member
I work a stones throw from there and the other houses were demolished asap the building sites were reopened. It was some shock seeing the area flattened. Lovely, large rare enough stylewise houses by Herbert park to be replaced by monotone modern blandness. Like you say the O'Rahilly house will be left completely out of place
People need to understand we live in a barbarous age
As of to date..it is due for demolition

page61

PI Member
I think the great Roger Scrutons (rip) views on architecture should be the norm . Destroying historical structures for the sake of money is beyond criminal.
While his take on architecture is appealing, I think he has too many opinions that confuse issues

TheIrishRight

PI Member
He has a lot of opinions
Is there a set number that one should have?

The man was a great thinker, I believe having thoughts and opinions come with that.

What do you disagree with him on? I sense you dislike him for the mere sake of it

page61

PI Member
Is there a set number that one should have?

The man was a great thinker, I believe having thoughts and opinions come with that.

What do you disagree with him on? I sense you dislike him for the mere sake of it
I sense you are looking for someone to have an argument with.

Nobody is right all of the time, I disagreed with his views on thatcher most of all but I do not dislike him .. Its healthy to disagree sometimes , but I am not getting into a debate about it.

TheIrishRight

PI Member
I sense you are looking for someone to have an argument with.

Nobody is right all of the time, I disagreed with his views on thatcher most of all but I do not dislike him .. Its healthy to disagree sometimes , but I am not getting into a debate about it.

So its clear your previous comments were just filler to air your displeasure at the man, nothing to do with his views re architecture etc which is the point of this thread.

Top Bottom