Gemma O'Doherty.

DrPat2

PI Member

Gemma and a priest. Gemma going all out. Doubt if this will be allowed up for long. Full frontal assault on proabortion position. Priest making eminent sense on the promotion of individualism.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
She in passing said she wouldn't get elected because she was entering the euro race too late. But it was important to support her candidature and the people needed to rise up in time for the GE. She said something like that in one of her broadcasts.

Dan72

PI Member
She in passing said she wouldn't get elected because she was entering the euro race too late. But it was important to support her candidature and the people needed to rise up in time for the GE. She said something like that in one of her broadcasts.

Why do you think she had a completely different reason the night the polls closed why she wouldn't get elected?

I am not looking to be confrontational with you by the way.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Why do you think she had a completely different reason the night the polls closed why she wouldn't get elected?

I am not looking to be confrontational with you by the way.
She could easily have a couple of reasons in her head. I never saw her expand that much on why she thinks she wouldn't get elected.

In election mode, you try to nail it and do the best you can - rather than expound on why you're not going to get in.

Sham Fox

The Gulag Party
Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

Gemma and a priest. Gemma going all out. Doubt if this will be allowed up for long. Full frontal assault on proabortion position. Priest making eminent sense on the promotion of individualism.
I've said it before - these interviews and other programs she does are very important - but can she please do something about the fucking sound.

Dan72

PI Member
She could easily have a couple of reasons in her head. I never saw her expand that much on why she thinks she wouldn't get elected.

In election mode, you try to nail it and do the best you can - rather than expound on why you're not going to get in.
Well when the exit polls came out that night she said she could not believe them as so many people were coming up to her on the streets telling her she was getting their vote and then she went further and said the establishment could not let her win, they would have to kill her first.

Now can you see how this type of crazy talk will not go down well the more she is exposed.

Anyhow don't think she wants to get elected, she wants to use elections as a platform to increase her profile.

Last edited:

valamhic

PI Member
Well when the exit polls came out that night she said she could not believe them as so many people were coming up to her on the streets telling her she was getting their vote and then she went further and said the establishment could not let her win, they would have to kill her first.

Now can you see how this type of crazy talk will not go down well the more she is exposed.

Anyhow don't think she wants to get elected, she wants to use it as a platform to increase her profile.
An old willey Fianna Fail politician told me once that, when on the hustings, you are promised votes, you count one in ten as actually meaning it.
Your last comment is very apt. Perhaps she does not want to get elected at all and if so, anyone who would stand for election under her umbrella will
be made a fool of.

Top Bottom