Gas attack on Syria. US , UK and France begin airstrikes, ROLLING UPDATES

Russia has lots of oil and has the biggest gas reserves.

Its there for geopolitical reasons, trade, energy markets, and has interests there since the 50's and was solidified in the 70's under his father.

Defense contracts eg. trade
Russian arms shipments bolster Syria's embattled Assad

Brief view on it. But the economics is always primary.

1) Keeping its rented military ports Russian naval facility in Tartus - Wikipedia and bases Khmeimim (air base) - Wikipedia secure.
Unlike the US russia doesnt have 900~ military bases around the world, it gives russia a hard point in the med, which i very import for their air and sea.

2) Pipelines, i have talked a number of time on this, but its similar to why they made sure that south ossetia was helped to rebel if they wanted to against Georgians. Georgia panics as South Ossetia captures oil pipeline
There are loads of these projects, the below picture is only a higher level view, all over the place, but you cannot build them through land which is politically unstable as they'll get blown up and so investors will not put their money into them in the first place.

Russia does not want the competition from a Qatar/Saudi in europe (this is a bit of a red herring as saudi has had a lot of issues with qatar, but if it had gone well in syria, no doubt they would have worked it out). Iran shares the Qatar gas supply, and the russians and chinese can help them build east, at least through pakistan (afghanistan is a no go due to obvious invasion problems they are having), and supply an emerging asia with gas, and russia can keep its strangle hold on eastern europe regards energy.

Crimea was similar, both militarily and ukraine being a main pipeline for gas from russia into europe, This Is The Gas Pipeline Map That Shows Why The Crisis In Ukraine Affects All Of Europe
Also why i assume Italy is being very nice to russia of late. Germany was pissing her pants, but for some reason has a bit more starch of late, Is Germany Souring on Russia’s Nord Stream? – Foreign Policy Is Germany Souring on Russia’s Nord Stream?

I would assume because of whats happening at the moment, they are looking for a better deal maybe. Or they believe what May and Macron are peddling.

So if you are the US it benefits you that the EU doesnt have options re energy. A weaker europe is a stronger america if it has to depend on nato to defend itself as well. And so it benefits you to stir up shit with the Russians. Poland as example is dependent on gas shipment from Qatar Qatargas to double LNG supplies to Poland as it hates the russian control over it due to energy Poland Waves Goodbye to Russian Gas After 74 Years

As example Israel has been trying to get europe to pay for a pipeline itself, EU to cut gas dependency on Russia with Israel pipeline | DW | 03.04.2017 and of course has a potentially very important one which connects the med.
Trans-Israel pipeline - Wikipedia

Again make sure that someone else isnt allowed to control where energy goes and its markets if you cannot. You may be able to delay until a point you can.

But again this area is a part, but economics is the primary part of any country in the world, trade and energy supply being the main factors. If you are dependent on someone for energy then you are at an automatic disadvantage to them.

There's a lot more to this, but its all about getting little or big advantages over someone by default.

3) Russia has been dealing with US backed head choopers for decades as well as a long history of fighting them internally in Chechnya etc.. It would be better off fighting them in syria and not at home. Also it does not need to have another head chopper caliphate that will churn out more head choppers near it.

If you cannot control a region, make sure no one else can is an option geopolitically.

As example you cannot build pipelines in a region that is unstable as they will get attacked by head chopper x.

Edit, i talked about France and Qatar as example here, France will have a Muslim majority in 40 years obviously there lots of mud money flowing through england and france, its not just the US that gets paid off by the oil/gas states. Of course syria was created by the french and the brits. Sykes–Picot Agreement - Wikipedia
great analysis and the reasons you outline for Russia's involvement in Syria ring very true.

I still don't believe they wests involvement comes down to pipelines.
as you correctly stated Poland is getting it's gas from the middle East now.
so to can the rest of Europe with or without Syria. Saudi, Jordan isrral and straight through the med into Greece if they wanted.
that's the plan of course. it will cut off Russia's main energy supplies.

I believe the plan at the start though was to destabilise and destroy the last 2 major countries in the middle East whom don't follow the neo liberal world order.
This along with isreali ideas of seeing off their 2 main enemies in the middle East.

Last edited:
It doesn't look good from where I am in the fucking multicultural cesspool called UK plc.
The tangoman Trump and the Grannyshagger Macron have got Mrs May and given her a roasting. There could be war. Billions of pounds down the shitter, military fuck ups, including the Americunts bombing their own side and the fucking frogs running away. Cue thousands of so called refugees, mostly children with beards.
Where is that uber cunt Blair, the peace envoy, when you need him?

infowars just had a ridiculous graphic claiming this was all about oil pipelines.

on one graphic it shows a Russian pipeline running from Iran, through Syria and into Europe undersea across the Mediterranean.

on the other it shows a proposed pipeline coming from Qatar, into Jordan and then into Syria before going into Europe.

info wars make the point that the war in Syria is about this pipeline.

Syria does not necessarily need to be in western control to get a pipeline to Europe from Qatar and Saudi.

I just can't make sense of this argument that it's all to do with pipelines.

also when I see infowars promoting it, it makes me twice as suspicious.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
infowars just had a ridiculous graphic claiming this was all about oil pipelines.

on one graphic it shows a Russian pipeline running from Iran, through Syria and into Europe undersea across the Mediterranean.

on the other it shows a proposed pipeline coming from Qatar, into Jordan and then into Syria before going into Europe.

info wars make the point that the war in Syria is about this pipeline.

Syria does not necessarily need to be in western control to get a pipeline to Europe from Qatar and Saudi.

I just can't make sense of this argument that it's all to do with pipelines.

also when I see infowars promoting it, it makes me twice as suspicious.
Jimmy Dore makes the pipeline argument here, and while I don't think it's just about a pipeline I think it may well be a factor. It's an interesting vid anyway:

OP
OP
The Lost Sheep

The Lost Sheep

Political Irish
Al-Masdar News
@TheArabSource
8 min.
#ISIS takes advantage of the Syrian Air Force's absence to launch major assault in southeast #Homs #Syria

Hassan [email protected]_ridha
3 hod.
IS cells south of Qaryatayn and near rebel-held E Qalamoun pocket launch attack on SAA positions in Mahasaah region in E Homs countryside.

OP
OP
The Lost Sheep

The Lost Sheep

Political Irish
Assad blasts Western threats against Damascus

MOSCOW, April 12. /TASS/. Western countries "are trying to change the course of events in Syria after witnessing its army’s achievements in the fight against terrorists," Syrian President Bashar Assad said Thursday. The president’s office stated that the Syrian leader and Ali Akbar Velayati, top adviser to Iran’s supreme leader, held a meeting in Damascus.

Assad blasts Western threats against Damascus

OP
OP
The Lost Sheep

The Lost Sheep

Political Irish
President Trump's Pick for Secretary of State Just Confirmed 'Hundreds' of Russians Were Killed in a U.S. Attack in Syria

President Trump’s nominee to serve as Secretary of State confirmed Thursday that “a couple hundred Russians were killed” by U.S. forces in Syria earlier this year.
Mike Pompeo, who currently serves as CIA director, offered the confirmation in response to questions about the U.S. relationship with Russia. The February attack by U.S. special forces — acknowledged at the time by Russian and Syrian officials but until now unconfirmed by the U.S. — targeted pro-government Syrian forces who were working alongside Russian mercenaries.
“In Syria, now, a handful of weeks ago the Russian met their match,” Pompeo told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. “A couple hundred Russians were killed.”
A U.S. official previously said that the U.S. had communicated with Russia prior to the attack and no Russian government forces were killed.

Pompeo Confirms Hundreds of Russians Killed In U.S. Attack in Syria

Top Bottom