• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gas attack on Syria. US , UK and France begin airstrikes, ROLLING UPDATES

My point is that planes can fly as low as Tomahawks.
Planes tend to be much bigger than Tomahawk missiles. The cross section of a Tomahawk is 20.4 inches. Aircraft tend to be much larger. The flight altitude for a Tomahawk is between 98 and 164 feet. (Wikipedia). Tomahawks and other low altitude missiles are far harder to spot than a much larger aircraft flying at a higher altitude.

It's not a video game. Real people die when these things are used.
Do you think that you are the only one aware of that?

It sickens me when people get drawn into discussions fetishising weapons.
Techies talk about technology. It is part of the mindset required to be a techie. It would be far better if those familiar with technology discussed it in the media rather than leaving it up to moron "technology" journalists who can barely turn on their smart phones without screwing up something.

It sickens me even more when otherwise very intelligent people use their intellects to help
develop these things just for money.
Some do so to protect their own people from threats. The unpleasant truth is that War is the biggest driver in both technology and evolution.

As far as I'm aware 70% of the missiles were intercepted.
The problem with that claim is that the source(s) may not be reliable.

The S400 has two radars for low and high altitude targets. It can take out targets as low as ten meters at a range of 40KM. It can track 100 targets. I got most of that from Wiki. 70% of targets intercepted may not seem like much, but a broken country with that success rate against the US and chums is quite spectacular really and it says a lot about the technology. It certainly levels the playing field somewhat.
That's probably the range under ideal operating conditions and no interference and clutter from buildings and other obstacles. Now to the ordinary churnalist in the media, 70% of missiles being taken out may sound impressive but they haven't the brains to realise that 30% or so may have gotten through and destroyed the targets. The other aspect that is not covered is that when these installations turn on their radars, they become targets.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
It sickens me when people get drawn into discussions fetishising weapons.
For some reason its something that interested me just in the way I find engines and cars and aeroplanes and mechanical stuff interesting which is why I ended up studying Engineering.

My first recollection of having any such interest was when in Primary school I wrote off to the US and USSR Embassies in Dublin and asked them for details of their latest weapons.

Fair play to the Americans they did reply with some photocopies of pictures of SAM missiles and so on, I still haven't forgiven the Russians for not bothering to reply.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
Watch here as some CNN 'reporter' says she can smell the chlorine after sniffing some poor child's backpack, and then watch how her and the 'reporter' in the studio lament about the war not ending...

How fucking grotesque, when their beloved USA started it, fuelled it, and continue to prolong it.

Last edited:
Watch here as some CNN 'reporter' says she can smell the chlorine after sniffing some poor child's backpack, and then watch how her and the 'reporter' in the studio lament about the war not ending...

How fucking grotesque, when their beloved USA started it, fuelled it, and continue to prolong it.

It's scary how fucking stupid and dangerous these journalists are.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
If the so called right could develop some genuine left wing economic policies, they'd take the so

What sickens me about that is, quite apart from the fact that Syria can have as many Iranians as it likes within its borders; there is literally zero chance that Iran will launch a war against Israel. Israel knows this, but its leaders who are in control of enough firepower to turn Iran and the rest of the ME to glass still want Syria destroyed, so they play the 'scared little state' card.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
As always I was right, stock futures are up strongly so far

What sickens me about that is, quite apart from the fact that Syria can have as many Iranians as it likes within its borders; there is literally zero chance that Iran will launch a war against Israel. Israel knows this, but its leaders who are in control of enough firepower to turn Iran and the rest of the ME to glass still want Syria destroyed, so they play the 'scared little state' card.
the isreali paranoia argument is null as you outlined above.

the argument about the pipeline through Syria from Qatar to Europe is null as it can go through isreal and under the Mediterranean.

the idea that Qatar Saudi UK France etc are big time players is null. they'll do what Washington tells them.

this is blatant isreali colonialism whether it is in trying to steal the oil rich Syrian golan heights or just trying to smash up the nation states around them that might be opposed to their way of thinking.

it is blatant Washington globalism that sees the world as a chessboard and those opposed to their global agenda being targeted.

both isreali colonialism and Washington globalism are but two sides of the same coin.

the only game in town is how much tax isreal can get from Washington and even with an anti globalist trump, the house always seems to win as tadgh rightly put it.

trump though wont be there forever and he could easily side with them wholeheartedly in the morning as well.

in my mind things are going well for Zionist globalists . it's a long war now for the.
they can make this Russia's new Afghanistan, means to sanction them, drain them through their participation, rot out putin from withinn. 500 000 Syrians lifes lost as we speak. maybe more displaced.
dragging iran deeper and deeper into the firing line through this war.

At their disposal is partition, more false flags , few direct hits on Iran , more sanctions for Russia and iran drag China into the mess, psycholgially break the Syrian people, more refugees for Europe, claim they're going after ISIS again.

this Syrian episode is paying more dividends to the globalists than any other theatre since the 2nd world war.

anybody that thinks there will be a peace treaty and Syrias national borders will be respected and the Syrian people can get on with building their country are away with the fairies.

This war is going to drag on.

Russia would be best placed upping the ante sooner rather than later.

Last edited: