• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

Gardai remove Catholic Children from Offaly

OP
M

Max the Axe

PI Member
Feb 19, 2021
The bogus left will just say a Dog Kicker & Doctor Shooter interfered with Gards checking out kid's Welfare.

Tragic affair but it won't grip the Nation the way that it has some Activists.

I'm glad the dispute is heading towards resolution.

There's no doubt that the Subhuman Govt will hijack the Gards for Political Policing.

I wonder who made that phonecall though?
Leaving the name calling to one side, the Sweeney side needs legal and political representation to ascertain what happened and to see if they can get redress from the gardai and if any gardai can be prosecuted over this. Clare Daly and Mick Wallace were big into this (and into dissident prisoners to shore up their support base). Let's see if they will run with this or if it is a case of "No dogs or Irish need apply".
The true dissident faction now have their own icon. Hopefully Pat Sweeney can bring his kids to political gatherings in the future.
Rome was neither built nor sacked in a day. For myself, I believe we are living in the last days of Weimar and all hell is around the corner This episode strengthens those beliefs, as do the cheer leaders for this Garda thuggery.

Dublin 4

PI Member
Nov 21, 2015
You may be right as per Weimar, we've never corrected since our Economy went Pear Shaped in 2002.

The bogus left did an hatchet job on Philip Dwyer just weeks ago & the State can refresh that, Malone was still yapping on Twitter last Night.

If the Gards acted inappropriately then the Gards involved & the Phone caller will be upbraided but Gards have a wide discretion to investigate.

A lot of hype here with this matter but as of yet no public traction.

OP
M

Max the Axe

PI Member
Feb 19, 2021
Divorces can be very scrappy affairs. This does not excuse the dead of night raid, the "see you outside" comment in the church by the Garda or the "conspiracy theory crap.
Sweeney is a member of a minority Catholic sect. What of it? Does that make him a conspiracy theorist? If the answer is yes, then every Christian is a conspiracy theorist as the whole Christian narrative, when examined under lab conditions, is Twilight Zone bunkum.
I personally think kids wearing masks is madness and I doubt most French kids wear masks in France, where most adults do not want to so called vaccine.
I also believe Sweeney's estranged wife is the one who needs to be sectioned, inflicting this shit on her kids.
Divorce is wrong in theory. Lawyers get rich on it and Garda bullies get to act the bollox. McGuirk's meddling does not change my mind one iota.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
Divorces can be very scrappy affairs. This does not excuse the dead of night raid, the "see you outside" comment in the church by the Garda or the "conspiracy theory crap.
Sweeney is a member of a minority Catholic sect. What of it? Does that make him a conspiracy theorist? If the answer is yes, then every Christian is a conspiracy theorist as the whole Christian narrative, when examined under lab conditions, is Twilight Zone bunkum.
I personally think kids wearing masks is madness and I doubt most French kids wear masks in France, where most adults do not want to so called vaccine.
I also believe Sweeney's estranged wife is the one who needs to be sectioned, inflicting this shit on her kids.
Divorce is wrong in theory. Lawyers get rich on it and Garda bullies get to act the bollox. McGuirk's meddling does not change my mind one iota.

You're right, Max.

I do think the Church incident was the catalyst for the raid on his home, and the detention of his children.

If separation and divorce is part of the familial background, this further complicate things. Without all of the facts it is difficult to judge.
It could be the case that his wife was the catalyst for what took place later. Who knows.

However, if the Gardai move to detain anyone there has to be documentation to authorize the move legally.
For example a warrant has to be issued.

On the basis of the video clips, AGS did not produce documentation or even names of personnel who authorized their actions. AGS couldn't even cite correctly the Act under which they were restricting Sweeney and the Sweeney's family's freedoms.
Think about it for a second.
Imagine AGS coming into your home at 3.00am, detaining you, removing your children - and later not being able to tell you on what basis all of this happened?

We're talking about people's freedoms being removed. Freedom is something which we take for granted, until it's gone.

If AGS can't even cite information correctly, where are we? If AGS cannot justify their actions, where are we?

This comes down to legality now. In the old days the spirit of the law and the letter of the law complemented on another.

I'm blue in the face saying this, but the more our society tries to separate the spirit of the law from the letter of the law, the more the letter of the law becomes sacred.

bells of shandon

PI Member
Jun 13, 2019
The Garda remark in the Church in Athlone, is the old trap of arrest under the Public Order Act.
This Act has been used extensively during the Scamdemic, to arrest dissenters under false pretences,
As far as i know ,no conviction has been succesful under the Covid Regulations, which have more legal loopholes than a Colander.
The Public Order Act is a catch-all for arrests and conviction, and Judges rarely fail to believe the blatant Garda lies to punish the innocent.

Last edited:
OP
M

Max the Axe

PI Member
Feb 19, 2021
You're right, Max.

I do think the Church incident was the catalyst for the raid on his home, and the detention of his children.

If separation and divorce is part of the familial background, this further complicate things. Without all of the facts it is difficult to judge.
It could be the case that his wife was the catalyst for what took place later. Who knows.

However, if the Gardai move to detain anyone there has to be documentation to authorize the move legally.
For example a warrant has to be issued.

On the basis of the video clips, AGS did not produce documentation or even names of personnel who authorized their actions. AGS couldn't even cite correctly the Act under which they were restricting Sweeney and the Sweeney's family's freedoms.
Think about it for a second.
Imagine AGS coming into your home at 3.00am, detaining you, removing your children - and later not being able to tell you on what basis all of this happened?

We're talking about people's freedoms being removed. Freedom is something which we take for granted, until it's gone.

If AGS can't even cite information correctly, where are we? If AGS cannot justify their actions, where are we?

This comes down to legality now. In the old days the spirit of the law and the letter of the law complemented on another.

I'm blue in the face saying this, but the more our society tries to separate the spirit of the law from the letter of the law, the more the letter of the law becomes sacred.
I regard this as a political move, most likely signed off by the regional superintendent/Special Branch for the entire area who would be a political animal. The political imperative is to crush all dissent, which currently only comes from traditional Catholics and a few others. I imagine the ok for the 3am hit came from on high. Gardai are not allowed question; theirs is not to question why.
No ordinary Garda, not wishing to be sectioned, would do this off his own bat (I associate bean gardai with dumb tik tok videos in Tralee)
If this is handled properly and not opportunistically, it could lead to senior gardai being asked a lot of awkward questions. Questions are great for prising open sealed lips.
Sweeney, no matter what his religion/politics/mental state, has rights. See who rallies to his cause and who does not as the Fog of War lifts.
Certainly, if this was the USA, a lot of Gardai Gestapo would have got their P45s this morning.

Dublin 4

PI Member
Nov 21, 2015

Looks ominous for Conspiraloons​

OP
M

Max the Axe

PI Member
Feb 19, 2021
When people reply to my posts, I read over them. Reading over them, I get a whiff of Ruby Ridge and Waco, all done under the odious Clintons. Varadkar, O'Gorman, Martin et al are the same kind of snide snakes, though they lack Blow Job Bill's charisma.

That might seem like hype but that is the flow. I am not suggesting the Branch will barge in, guns blazing but it the same sort of human rights' denial, differing only by degree.

The mother was obviously on hand in Vichy Irelande to take custody of the kids and cover the garda ass. Gardai factor everything into their intelligence. They were acting the total bollox in this case and showed no restraint, lifting children in the middle of the night "for their welfare"

TDs should be calling for Drew Harris' head if they are not out on the golf course or hung over from the subsidised booze in The Dail Bar.

Dublin 4

PI Member
Nov 21, 2015
Conspiraloongrifters can argue about the time of the Gardai intervention, the Gardai can defend that as per preventing an early Flight.

Look before you leap...