• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

Gardai remove Catholic Children from Offaly

OP
M

Max the Axe

PI Member
Feb 19, 2021
I'd say they only released them because of the public backlash.

It's a PR Disaster for an garda siochana.
Rebecca Barrett did a good day's work. I hope the NP play this wisely and don't over egg the cake. Dissident "Republicans" were also threatened with kids being kidnapped.
I hope the kids recover, and that Pat Sweeney steps up to the plate after he takes a very well deserved rest./

DrPat2

PI Member
Aug 29, 2018
I have confidence in the moderation of this forum. One of the reasons that this forum has gone from strength to strength instead of imploding like most forums would.

And the main moderators of this site have confidence in your moderation, and I accept that fully.

But don't have a go at me because I counselled patience in my posts instead of going off like some woke blm eejit taking internet gossip for certainty.
Quit the obfuscation. You questioned who was raising of the funds and when challenged if you were implying that the NP were trying to use them, you backed down and talked about "random chancers" getting their hands on them.

RealMcCoy

PI Member
Jan 23, 2020
Quit the obfuscation. You questioned who was raising of the funds and when challenged if you were implying that the NP were trying to use them, you backed down and talked about "random chancers" getting their hands on them.

I'm afraid there is no obfuscation. Think what you want but the NP wasn't in my head when I wrote that. If it was I'd just say it.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
Rebecca Barrett did a good day's work. I hope the NP play this wisely and don't over egg the cake. Dissident "Republicans" were also threatened with kids being kidnapped.
I hope the kids recover, and that Pat Sweeney steps up to the plate after he takes a very well deserved rest./

This case raises serious questions as to the operation of child custody procedures and the enforcement of orders.

There has to be full disclosure of the information which led to the house being raided and the children being taken away.

DrPat2

PI Member
Aug 29, 2018
This case raises serious questions as to the operation of child custody procedures and the enforcement of orders.

There has to be full disclosure of the information which led to the house being raided and the children being taken away.
Not sure that there will because even if the father takes the matter to court as it concerns a family matter it may be held in camera and the judge may issue a gagging order.

But then that is surmise on my part and I have no expertise in this stuff but Anna Kavanagh's video earlier yesterday morning and posted on this thread wouldn't fill anyone with hope that light will be shone on what happened.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
Not sure that there will because even if the father takes the matter to court as it concerns a family matter it may be held in camera and the judge may issue a gagging order.

But then that is surmise on my part and I have no expertise in this stuff but Anna Kavanagh's video earlier yesterday morning and posted on this thread wouldn't fill anyone with hope that light will be shone on what happened.

I understand the requirement to hold family court cases in camera.

However I'd argue that this case is more concerned with trying to get to the truth as to what caused the raid on the house, the removal and detention of the children, rather than whether or not the treatment of the children was merited.

In other words the plaintiff case is more about the legality of the procedures employed by the state, rather than whether or not the treatment of the children merited their forced removal and detention.

Hitsticle

PI Member
Feb 2, 2020
I understand the requirement to hold family court cases in camera.

However I'd argue that this case is more concerned with trying to get to the truth as to what caused the raid on the house, the removal and detention of the children, rather than whether or not the treatment of the children was merited.

In other words the plaintiff case is more about the legality of the procedures employed by the state, rather than whether or not the treatment of the children merited their forced removal and detention.
That will come out at a later date if he takes proceeding against the gardai etc with regards to the wrongful arrest and the removal of his children, But the family court will just deal with issues regarding the children's welfare.