• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Gardaí treating serious assault at Newbridge train station as possible "hate crime"

Florence

PI Member
I’m feel for anyone being attacked like this but how is this an alleged “hate crime”? Did his attackers say he was being attacked for his homosexuality or was it a random act of violence? This is the absurd world of “hate crime” media headlines seeping into our Society
I heard the victim on radio this morning. The attackers called him a 'Homosexual' at one stage he claims. How do you know someone is gay by just seeing them in the street? the attackers were initially young boys c.13 then they were joined later by older ones 17-18.

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
Our very own Jussie Smollet incident? We really have joined the globo homo big boys at the international banquet table of hell
Here is the text of the original El Pais article google translated. If you think calls for Hate Legislation are bad enough from our own media wait till you read this
At half past five in the afternoon of Saturday, February 1, Gavin McCrea left the University College library in Dublin, leaving behind him a flash of bright happiness and making his way, unknowingly, towards a dark brutality that is coming from afar and keep hitting in the European Union of the 21st century.

At four in the afternoon, in the library, McCrea — a 42-year-old Irish writer — had completed the revision of his second novel and sent it via e-mail to his London editor, completing five years of work. Happy, I had bought tickets for a celebration trip to Berlin.

At 5:45 p.m., while walking along the Dodder River in a relatively well-off neighborhood in the south of Dublin and chatting over the future trip by phone, he ran into a group of six underage teenagers, apparently between 12 and 14 years old. They threw pebbles at him; they insulted him - "bassoon!" ("Homosexual!) -; they approached from behind and pushed him. McCrea is a man who measures 1.86 meters. He faced them, demanded that they leave him alone, and also thanks to the transit of cars in that area, they left. Because of how young they were, McCrea did not give much importance to the matter and continued on his way.

Fifteen minutes later, the same group attacked him from behind in a dark area along the river, pushed him to the ground and repeatedly hit his face with kicks and punches. They broke his nose - which bled for four hours - and a cheekbone.

According to the detailed description that McCrea sent via e-mail to the European Compass, the kids were not drunk, they had no accent of the most depressed areas of the city, they did not steal anything or beat him in the body. They just wanted to split his face for homophobia.

The episode allows several considerations. First, that the essential advances in legislative matters against discrimination do not in themselves dissolve centuries of intolerance. Ireland, which holds general elections today, has taken significant steps forward in recent years, including the approval of gay marriage by referendum in 2015 with a 62% majority. A development probably inconceivable three decades ago. However, a survey conducted in 2019 in that country by Columbia University, New York, and the Belong To organization noted that 73% of Irish LGTBI students surveyed (about 800) feel insecure in schools, that a 77 % suffer verbal harassment and 11% physical attacks.

These data and the young age of the McCrea aggressors recall the importance of schools contributing to eradicate atavistic prejudices from which discrimination or violence often emerges. This is the transcendental crux of the issue that underlies the Vox maneuver and the Spanish PP with the parental veto: the erosion of important instruments to combat a current intolerance.

At European level, the last macro survey of the EU agency for fundamental rights , made in 2012, points out that 47% of LGTBI respondents (93,000 people) felt discriminated against or harassed because of their sexual orientation in the year prior to the poll; and that 6% have suffered violent incidents for that reason, either physical attacks (one third of the cases) or threat of violence (two thirds), also only in the previous 12 months. The data is especially bad in Eastern Europe.

Only the day on Friday offered multiple samples of the reasons for hope and concern in this area in Europe. In Croatia, the Constitutional Court ruled favorably in the recognition of adoptive rights of homosexual couples. The Reuters agency, on the other hand, reported the initiative of a Polish artist, Bartosz Staszewski, who has launched a project to denounce the praxis of dozens of municipalities in that country that have declared themselves "LGTBI ideology-free zone." In Chechnya, finally, a journalist who denounced the brutal harassment to which homosexuals are subjected in that Russian territory, Yelena Milashina, was subjected to a beating in the lobby of a hotel in Grozni.

Legal and judicial measures, along with intelligent activism, have made important progress. But much remains to be done, and the nationalist reflux that much of Europe lives in response to the challenges of globalization hides insidies. The attachment to conservative values as a solution to the challenges of our time is undoubtedly no choice as noble and legitimate as the progressive options. It is not permissible, however, that this attachment protects ambiguity - for partisan purposes - infamous instincts such as homophobia or xenophobia, from a dark past and still installed in the body of Europe, as McCrea had a way of proving. He will continue writing and building. Among all, we must ensure that aggressors like these kids leave the path of destruction.
Note the section I marked in bold. These were local, middle class, Dundrum/Milltown/Churchtown homophobic tween thugs. He's going to have to come up with a better description if he wants them tracked down cause if I'm not tripping over well spoken gangs of gay bashers as soon as I open my door it's their victims, beaten to a pulp sprawled out on the ground that send me flying

Oliver Plunkett

PI Member
PI Member
These were local, middle class, Dundrum/Milltown/Churchtown homophobic tween thugs.
Ah yes, that perennial scourge of Churchtown, the plummy accented Rory's and Cillians! You can tell them apart from the tattoos and gang insignia on their gucci shoes. Gangs of them hanging around Dundrum shopping center for decades now

Karloff

PI Member
Appalling attack that is rightly condemned. But interesting things begin to happen when ethnic and sexual minorities clash... :unsure:

Is there an algorithm the globalists use to determine which to side with? I mean Govt says 'Islam is wonderful, diversity, deserves to be respected', govt says 'gay rights are paramount and they have the right to be what they want to be'.

In Ireland we get our African population from places like Nigeria where the Muslims burn people alive because they are Christians, the govt thinks as soon as they set foot on Irish soil all that is forgotten and they think and act as Irish people do. No, as with the Pakistani groomers in the UK they think (and may act) as they did before.

Karloff

PI Member
Appalling attack that is rightly condemned. But interesting things begin to happen when ethnic and sexual minorities clash... :unsure:

Is there an algorithm the globalists use to determine which to side with? I mean Govt says 'Islam is wonderful, diversity, deserves to be respected', govt says 'gay rights are paramount and they have the right to be what they want to be'.

In Ireland we get our African population from places like Nigeria where the Muslims burn people alive because they are Christians, the govt thinks as soon as they set foot on Irish soil all that is forgotten and they think and act as Irish people do. No, as with the Pakistani groomers in the UK they think (and may act) as they did before.
In France a 16 year old lesbian was called 'dirty lesbian' and 'dirty whore' by Muslims and she responded by making a video against Islam and the French Justice minister came out against her and on the side of the Islamists so i think in the long run the gays will be at risk of losing this one.

El Chaval.

PI Member

The legal age of consent in Nigeia is 11
In Pakistan there is no legal age of consent.

parentheses

PI Member

I think that's what intersectionalism is for-to determine which minority is more worthy of support at any given time.

Top Bottom