• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Gardaí treating serious assault at Newbridge train station as possible "hate crime"

Myles O'Reilly

Deported
PI Member
Top Bloke
What is the evidence that this attack was motivated by the victims’ sexuality?
Even if it was, so what? How does so called 'hate' just cover gays and ethnicity? If someone put a blade in me tonight just cos they didn't like the look of my nut, how is that less of a crime than if he knifed a gay or brown chap? Presumably he'd get less of a sentence for stabbing me than them!

Seriously, what the fook is up with this "hate crime" madness?

subversive writer

PI Member
Move the perps next door to the judges. No doubt it will be some self hating gay dude some fckn scum bag from some scum bag family from a scumbag area with 1000 previous convictions. The older i get the more im convinced all crime could be stopped by simply carpet bombing certain areas of this country.

McQueen

PI Member
Even if it was, so what? How does so called 'hate' just cover gays and ethnicity? If someone put a blade in me tonight just cos they didn't like the look of my nut, how is that less of a crime than if he knifed a gay or brown chap? Presumably he'd get less of a sentence for stabbing me than them!

Seriously, what the fook is up with this "hate crime" madness?
Exactly. The people who are pushing for this “hate crime” legislation are the same ones always parroting on about ”equality”. But clearly what they really want is inequality because their every action is about creating a different attitude towards the same wrongs depending upon whom they are inflicted.

Saying that stabbing a homosexual is a more serious issue than stabbing a heterosexual is not making laws for justice or equality. It is the polar opposite.

Violent crime against anybody is wrong. Any sort of crime against anybody is wrong!

What would these people agitating for “hate crime” legislation do if a gay man had gone on a rampage in a train station and stabbed a straight man while shouting something along the lines of “You breeders make me sick!” Would they call it a hate crime? I think we all know the answer.

And this?

Or imagine if a large group of Christians had done this during a “Pride” parade?

TheIrishRight

PI Member
What if the guy that stabbed him was a gay too ? Is it still a hate crime . I would hate to be on that ward when his buddies come in would be some amount of bitchin and hand flapping and riding each other going on .
What if he stabbed him up the hole?

Done For

PI Member
When the new Irish from Blackbriggan travel the rails to stab white Irish in Portmarnock is that described as a hate crime?
I personally don't agree in the concept of Hate Crime at all.

If someone attacks my daughter because she rejects them or because of her ethnicity the punishment should be the same. In both cases they had no moral right to attack her.

The hierarchy of victims based on the perpetrators motive is extremely disrespectful to victims.

Wolf

PI Member
I personally don't agree in the concept of Hate Crime at all.

If someone attacks my daughter because she rejects them or because of her ethnicity the punishment should be the same. In both cases they had no moral right to attack her.

The hierarchy of victims based on the perpetrators motive is extremely disrespectful to victims.
If someone attacked my daughter and I battered the shite out of him, I suppose that really would be a hate crime, because if anyone attacked her I would totally be driven by my hatred for that person.

Done For

PI Member
If someone attacked my daughter and I battered the shite out of him, I suppose that really would be a hate crime, because if anyone attacked her I would totally be driven by my hatred for that person.
Indeed. Hate is part of the human experience.

That's why these attempts to ban all expressions of hate (hate crimes, hate speech) are so silly. Hate will always exist and in some cases it is sensible and moral to express it.

Top Bottom