• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Gardaí treating serious assault at Newbridge train station as possible "hate crime"

DaftPunkisPlayingAtmyHous

Donator
PI Member

Tom

Eirú Sean Gael
PI Member
No evidence in the report that it was a homophobic crime. Most of the comments avoid mentioning the homophobic slant given, rightly so in my opinion. Let the Guards do their jobs and we will judge for our-self what type of crime it was. Two lads been beaten up sure, stabbed and beaten up for being gay, hard to get my head around. Anyway its bad, law and order is definitely on the slide in Ireland. I suppose it wouldn't be funny if it was a scorned lover done it. You know like the mad bitch that threw hot fat at my face when we broke up.

The only people screeching homophobic are the politicians and NGO's.

Interesting the quality of soundbites from spokespeople
...In response to the incident, Paula Fagan CEO of LGBT Ireland called for hate crime legislation to be put in place to “send a clear message that homophobia is a crime”.

Well Mr Paul Fagen homophobia is not a crime. Not yet anyway.

Wolf

PI Member
No evidence in the report that it was a homophobic crime. Most of the comments avoid mentioning the homophobic slant given, rightly so in my opinion. Let the Guards do their jobs and we will judge for our-self what type of crime it was. Two lads been beaten up sure, stabbed and beaten up for being gay, hard to get my head around. Anyway its bad, law and order is definitely on the slide in Ireland. I suppose it wouldn't be funny if it was a scorned lover done it. You know like the mad bitch that threw hot fat at my face when we broke up.

The only people screeching homophobic are the politicians and NGO's.

Interesting the quality of soundbites from spokespeople
...In response to the incident, Paula Fagan CEO of LGBT Ireland called for hate crime legislation to be put in place to “send a clear message that homophobia is a crime”.

Well Mr Paul Fagen homophobia is not a crime. Not yet anyway.
If a queer gets attacked you can be sure he'll use it and claim it was homophobic.
Never waste a good opportunity....

McQueen

PI Member
What is the evidence that this attack was motivated by the victims’ sexuality?

Anyway, frankly it just looks like what happened these two unfortunate lads is just being used to push an agenda and that is wrong. (I think perpetrators of violent crime like this should be chained to the wall of a dungeon for a couple of decades, regardless of who or what the victims were. The fact that they were gay doesn’t make it more of a crime.)

Last edited:

cmac

PI Member
If it did happen it sounds like something the "New Irish" would do.
It did happen one of the men that was attacked posted up photos of his injuries and called the attackers thugs etc, in my opinion this was an awful attack on two innocent men waiting on a train minding their own business when they were attacked by cowardly thugs that only got round like rats in groups. Hope the scumbags are caught.

OP
I

IrishJohn

PI Member
It did happen one of the men that was attacked posted up photos of his injuries and called the attackers thugs etc, in my opinion this was an awful attack on two innocent men waiting on a train minding their own business when they were attacked by cowardly thugs that only got round like rats in groups. Hope the scumbags are caught.
Are the suspects New/Non Irish ?

Top Bottom