Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Gardaí drag man out of car at checkpoint

Karloff

PI Member
Ireland is more and more looking like an episode of twin peaks .Even the stupid dancing nurses and guards,has a creepy almost mocking bizarreness to it.Its honestly starting to look like a horror movie.
It's unsettling.

Too many PR stunts, too much political activism (from Pride flags to them being given new powers monitoring what people say to each other), i for one do not want that kind of behavior from them. They are there as a necessary evil to catch criminals in a society that should be otherwise free.

TW Tone

PI Member
This clip should be distributed internationally.
Tucker Carlson last night on Fox TV showed clips of police thuggery from various countries-- UK, Spain, Canada.
I'm sure he would have added the Garda clip had he received it.

IrishJohn

PI Member
The people parked behind the car should have got out and asked the gardas what they were doing.

Legally I don't think they could convict anyone for stepping out of their car and trying to help the man because all they would have to say was that they heard a man screaming like he was in extreme pain and were concerned he may be about to die.

TW Tone

PI Member
softly,softly in comparison to how the State Police in Australia deal with Yobbos travelling outside the limit of travel during lockdown.This is 9 months too late, the Gardai should have tackled lawbreakers from the min the travel zone limits were brought in.The amount of traffic on the roads indicates that people are travelling further than the "Distance Allowed" and without a valid reason , the Gardai should give €200 on the spot fine.
In Australia it is several thousand dollars fine and prison for repeat offenders.

We're not in Effing Australia, you thick.

Major Infraction

PI Member
Ah Jaysus.

Good job I brought my little doggie to the phoenix park this morning for her 10th birthday, instead of risking a visit to Dollymount or even ( shock horror ) Howth.

Almost all of the phoenix park is within 5km from my house.

Such a nice morning, I really would like to have done the Howth walk.

Thought about it, and then played out to myself the ‘conversation’ I could have had if I was stopped by a muslim congregation ignoring jerusalema line dancing pig.

It wouldn’t have ended well.

Major Infraction

PI Member
And I probably could have cycled there no problem.

As I have done many times.

But that would have been of no use to my dog.

Major Infraction

PI Member
There was a time, many years ago, when I thought that gardai deserved a bit of respect etc.

My Grandfather was one the first Gardai.

Not any more.

I’ve witnessed way too much shite from them first hand over the years.

And now this and a number of other latest straws that has really broken this camel’s back.

Fuck em.

icancani

PI Member
Beware the Public Space, persecution, prosecution and a criminal record awaits.
Shame for the prohibition, not much left to enjoy now without cheering on the apparatus, is there?
Don't forget to tune in, friday night 21:30 RTE1, that's life.

Rommel

PI Member
Not too sure about the background but apparently this lad was dragged out of his car for a COVID breach.

Shocking footage emerges from Dublin airport where a man was dragged from his car by gardai at a checkpoint
😱

People are saying it was far too much! What do you think? Justified or not?
🤔

(Y)
TheLiberal.ie

If that is hurting him he must be some pussy.

Polyco

PI Member
The virus has probably more intelligence than you will ever have.
And how is my little parrot this morning?

Some day you might have an original thought, do let us know when it happens and we'll share the joy.

Last edited:

Olli Rehn

PI Member
And how is my little parrot this morning?

Some day you might have an original thought, do let us know when it happens and we'll share the joy.
I am fine- but the virus seem to have ravaged your brain....

Top Bottom