Game of Thrones

Karloff

PI Member
Knightfall is a serious show just watched the 2nd last episode grim stuffohhhhhhhhhhh
The nonsense about the Grail totally ruins it. Liked it when they focused on the king but the Knights Templar as betrayed are ridiculous - they also recast them as very multicultural-friendly Lol upside

And of course the Jews of the period are portrayed as good people terrorised by evil people (antisemitism awareness button pushed as per rote).

Saul Goodman

PI Member
The nonsense about the Grail totally ruins it. Liked it when they focused on the king but the Knights Templar as betrayed are ridiculous - they also recast them as very multicultural-friendly Lol upside

And of course the Jews of the period are portrayed as good people terrorised by evil people (antisemitism awareness button pushed as per rote).
:yikes:there is no hope for Landry

Karloff

PI Member

This lad has a great take on the last episode, i had a look at his videos, has some good thoughts on other such media.
They did good in the last episode, they injected some complexity into Daenerys and Jon Snow both and setup a reckoning between Targaryens and Starks. In fact i am kind of rooting for Dany now, she gave her dragons for what? To appease Tyrion and Jon's morality (she was pressured not to use them to just destroy Kings Landing) and to save the world against the Night King and what is her reward? Treachery from all sides especially at her back. She should pull out of the war and return to the other continent, bide her time and then when they least expect it - burn Kings Landing down to the ground (and the Iron Bankers).

They did good in the last episode, they injected some complexity into Daenerys and Jon Snow both and setup a reckoning between Targaryens and Starks. In fact i am kind of rooting for Dany now, she gave her dragons for what? To appease Tyrion and Jon's morality (she was pressured not to use them to just destroy Kings Landing) and to save the world against the Night King and what is her reward? Treachery from all sides especially at her back. She should pull out of the war and return to the other continent, bide her time and then when they least expect it - burn Kings Landing down to the ground (and the Iron Bankers).
From my perspective its an ending that could have been so much more, the clown that wrote the books let his ego get the better of him and wasted years talking himself up writing garbage day in day out on internet forums and blogs and basking in the light rather then write the novels which was his job in the first place, and they caught up to the fool after season 4, and hollywood made it up after that based on the politics of the day and we get where we are now.

Karloff

PI Member
What the makers were trying to do was address the issue of Daenerys as hero which they had built up during the series. That she was not a hero but another power mad villain albeit one with PR skills (freeing the slaves etc).

Now what Jon needs to do is lure her dragon near a stand of trees in which is placed a strategically placed ballista or ballistas - and kill it - thus depriving her of her weapon - then annihilate the dothraki savages and the unsullied. I hope it is not Arya who kills her but it could be, personally my money is on Tyrion doing the deed.

The show brings up the issue of the problem being Targaryen blood itself in that episode perhaps hinting that Jon Snow will not be allowed to take the throne either - who then would take it instead? Bronn? Sansa? Gendry? Tyrion?

jon 1000's of irish f

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
What the makers were trying to do was address the issue of Daenerys as hero which they had built up during the series. That she was not a hero but another power mad villain albeit one with PR skills (freeing the slaves etc).

Now what Jon needs to do is lure her dragon near a stand of trees in which is placed a strategically placed ballista or ballistas - and kill it - thus depriving her of her weapon - then annihilate the dothraki savages and the unsullied. I hope it is not Arya who kills her but it could be, personally my money is on Tyrion doing the deed.

The show brings up the issue of the problem being Targaryen blood itself in that episode perhaps hinting that Jon Snow will not be allowed to take the throne either - who then would take it instead? Bronn? Sansa? Gendry? Tyrion?
well she certainly is a villain now... i think j snow will leave her its unlikely that he would kill her....

Karloff

PI Member
well she certainly is a villain now... i think j snow will leave her its unlikely that he would kill her....
He should kill her, he is a conscionable man and she has killed tens or hundreds of thousands of people in cold blood (she has probably out-killed the Night King) - if he is Jon Snow he will kill her - as he did the young boy who killed him.

Top Bottom