GAA Is The Mask Slipping, Again?....

Colonel Zachariah

PI Member
A senior GaaRa team has been videoed screaming vile sectarian insults at teenage girls...

It appears that someone on the bus shouts a sectarian phrase relating to Protestants.

A parade, organised by Lisgenny Flute Band, was passing by. It's an annual event and is held after 8.30pm in order to prevent disruption to parishioners attending Mass.

Two accordion bands - Loughans and Mulnahunch - made up of mainly young people from a community near Ballygawley, each had around 20-30 band members at the weekend parade.

During the footage an individual can be heard making reference to a "pile of f****** huns" as accordion band members - mainly teenage girls - pass the stopped bus.

Someone on the bus can also be heard apparently making a sectarian remark.

Anyway it's nothing new...

Kevin Lynch

The GAA hurling club in Dungiven, Co Londonderry, is named after INLA member and former player Lynch.
He was the seventh of the 10 hunger strikers to die in 1981,

Joe Cahill

An under-12s football contest is played at Cardinal O’Donnell Park, west Belfast, in honour of the IRA veteran who died in 2004.

Cahill joined the IRA aged 18 and was convicted for his part in killing Catholic cop and dad-of-ten, Patrick Murphy, in 1942. He also was a key figure in founding the Provisional IRA in 1969.

Bobby Sands

The Cumann na Fuiseoige GAA club honours IRA hunger striker Sands, who grew up near its base in Twinbrook, west Belfast.

The club’s badge shows a lark, barb wire and a capital ‘H’ representing the H-block in the Maze prison where Sands — who was convicted of arms offences — was the first IRA hunger striker to die.

Mairead Farrell
A girls’ camogie championship played in Tullysaran, Co Armagh,was named after IRA woman Farrell.
She spent 10 years in jail for bombing the Conway Hotel, Dunmurry, and was killed by the SAS in Gibraltar with fellow IRA members Sean Savage and Daniel McCann in 1988 with whom she allegedly planned to bomb an Army band.

A commemorative Martin Hurson Memorial The fifth of the H-block hunger strikers to die, cup final is played every year at Galbally Pearses Football Field near Dungannon in Co Tyrone.

The Michael McVerry

The first member of the IRA in south Armagh to be killed in the Troubles
cup is played for in Cullyhanna, Co Armagh, each year.

These East Tyrone IRA brothers were killed in a carefully-planned SAS ambush at Drumnakilly in 1988. Many branded it revenge for the Ballygawley bus attack 10 days earlier, which killed eight soldiers and injured 27 others.

Palyed at Loughmacrory, the Gerard and Martin Harte Memorial cup is now one of Tyrone's foremost under-12 Gaelic football tournaments.

The ground in Donagh, Fermanagh, was named after IRA man Louis leonard, who was killed by loyalists in 1972 while working late in his shop in the village of Derrylin.

The Paddy Kelly cup was played in Dungannon, Co Tyrone as part of commemorations for the IRA Loughgall “martyrs”. A heavily-armed IRA unit including Kelly and O’Callaghan was trying to blow up a part-time police station in Loughgall, Co Tyrone, with a 200lb bomb when they were gunned down by the SAS.

The home ground of the St Teresas GAA club in west Belfast is named after hunger strikerss Joe McDonnell and Kieran Doherty.
McDonnell had been arrested in 1976 with Bobby Sands following a bomb attack on a furniture store in Dunmurry and Doherty was convicted for possession of firearms, explosives and hijacking.

Lochrie/Campbell GAA Park in Dromintee, south Armagh is named after IRA members Jim Lochrie and Sean Campbell who were killed when a land mine exploded prematurely at Kelly's Road, Killeen in 1975.

Really is time that this organisation sorted out the sectarianism, the first step is recognising that the problem existing instead of making pathetic excuses for it...

And just who was on the receiving end of the Tyrone senior teams community outreach....

What a bunch of big hard men these slap ball players are....

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Good for the Tyrone GAA players. Some residual patriotism left in them. Though GAA members are more likely to be at a Pride Parade than an Easter one

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
It's unfortunate if a misguided individual referred to Protestant school girls as huns, but it's entirely appropriate that the GAA should name its clubs after noble Patriot Martyrs such as Bobby Sands and Joe McDonnell. There are no better Irish people who ever lived. Those Protestant school girls would do well do model themselves on the lives of our Patriot Martyrs (which the lout shouting at them certainly isn't). Singing Rebel Songs is also an excellent thing for any Irish person to do. So much better than pop trash.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
wee Protestant school girls playing thier tunes? what tunes were they playing?

Daddy's uniform
UVF widow
Men behind the wire
Suicide battalion.
Here lies a soldier.
Build My Gallows.
U.D.R 4.
No1 Platoon
Armagh Brigade
Sweeney no2 platoon
Dolly's Brae
The Sash

?????

Colonel Zachariah

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
wee Protestant school girls playing thier tunes? what tunes were they playing?

Daddy's uniform
UVF widow
Men behind the wire
Suicide battalion.
Here lies a soldier.
Build My Gallows.
U.D.R 4.
No1 Platoon
Armagh Brigade
Sweeney no2 platoon
Dolly's Brae
The Sash

?????
Did ye get that CD for xmas? tis a cracker...

Anywho they were playing....

Abide with me, fast falls the eventide
The darkness deepens Lord, with me abide
When other helpers fail and comforts flee
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day
Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away
Change and decay in all around I see
O Thou who changest not, abide with me

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness
Where is death's sting?