Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

France's Ambiguous Relationship with her Gaulish Heritage

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
I hate ignorant Francophobia.
The Jewish and Christian religions come from Persia. Persian cultures survives to this day, in such things as their New Year and the Zoroastran religion, to say nothing of their food and their appreciation of the arts and real sports. Shiraz wine comes from Shiraz in Persia. The wreckers were the evil British. Alexander coopted, much like the Romans. The Breitish and Jews were unbeleivable vermin in Persia,
The French have many cultures, most importantly ideas and intelligent women, not the fat, drunken slobberers one finds in this country.
This Zionist "African Studies" nonsense is meant to undermine all that. Even the French language, as the martyred Eamon Ceannt could tell you, is not one of the strict Romance languages

Of course, the Irish can't even sing hteir own national anthem

Clearly this thread is not against the French. Indeed we are praising the French resistance to Roman scum.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
Macron got in trouble for criticizing the Gauls.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
A little taste of Asterix.

pretty soon France will disappear into cultural oblivion.

i wonder what Britanny was like before all the refugees from Britain arrived. Celtic ? but not Breton. Older celtic perhaps.....or maybe totally Romance language ? who knows.

Breton is like Cornish or Welsh....mixed in with some French of course. But the language of Vercengeterix ? i reckon gone to the same archive as Scottish Pictish....gone and forgotten.

And the most magical place of all is Barnenez .......... the artwork found there has dramatic parallels with the stone carvings in Dowth & Knowth.

horseshoe symbols in both locations.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
pretty soon France will disappear into cultural oblivion.

i wonder what Britanny was like before all the refugees from Britain arrived. Celtic ? but not Breton. Older celtic perhaps.....or maybe totally Romance language ? who knows.

Breton is like Cornish or Welsh....mixed in with some French of course. But the language of Vercengeterix ? i reckon gone to the same archive as Scottish Pictish....gone and forgotten.

And the most magical place of all is Barnenez .......... the artwork found there has dramatic parallels with the stone carvings in Dowth & Knowth.

horseshoe symbols in both locations.

There's actually quite a few inscriptions in Gaulish which let us know it was very close to Brythonic. Indeed, Caesar says the Gauls and the Britons were able to understand each other. It's also thought that Druids for Gaul were trained in Inis Móna - which is now the Island of Anglesey in Wales.

Last edited:
There's actually quite a few inscriptions in Gaulish which let us know it was very close to Brythonic. Indeed, Caesar says the Gauls and the Britons were able to understand each other. It's also thought that Druids for Gaul were trained in Inis Móin - which is now the Island of Anglesey in Wales.

Anglesey or Mona was the Druid equivalent of the Vatican. And there is a holy pool there call ....Llynn Carrig Bach....we would say Linn carraig Beag....or Pool of the small rock.

the Romans really were just a bunch of violent k.nackers. But maybe that is most of the movers and shakers in history. I doubt Gengis Khan took the time to learn table manners and mathematics. He didnt have much time left everyday after his voracious sex life got sated.

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
Anglesey or Mona was the Druid equivalent of the Vatican. And there is a holy pool there call ....Llynn Carrig Bach....we would say Linn carraig Beag....or Pool of the small rock.

the Romans really were just a bunch of violent k.nackers. But maybe that is most of the movers and shakers in history. I doubt Gengis Khan took the time to learn table manners and mathematics. He didnt have much time left everyday after his voracious sex life got sated.

Anglesey was the site of last stand of Druidic Britain against the Romans wasn't it?

parentheses

PI Member

Just shows how similar Gaelic and Brittonic are. And Brittonic and Gaulish were possibly even more similar to each other.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
Anglesey was the site of last stand of Druidic Britain against the Romans wasn't it?

Yes it was. Some believe that Queen Buddicca's rebellion was staged to draw the Romans away from Inis Móna. Sadly, it didn't work.

i predict some white French people will seek to withdraw into a Gaulish fantasy world to escape the horror of life on their streets.

They would speak a Celtic language cos they are sick and tired of hearing Bar-bar-bar everywhere they go....the barber shop, the mechanics, the local bakery.

Certainly i have seen in the workplace when you get an enclave speaking their own language together....to the exclusion of everybody else......they hate it when you start speaking irish to all your other colleagues.

Languages do not unify people. They divide people.

Like the laws of nature. I didnt create this, but i can observe the inconvenient truth.

But then again, it should be ok for the irish to be divided from the rest of the toxic EU.

The French are harking back to a Gaulish idyll ? that is absolutely predictable following the catastrophic levels of 20th century immigration of people from a foreign language, foreign religion, foreign culture. The Roman conquest of Gaul was fairly modest by comparison. The ownership of wealth & power went Roman but the people on the streets remained Gaulish. The 20th century conquest of France is far more insidious. Less to do with the seat of government and more to do with the profile of your local community.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

PI Member
Languages do not unify people. They divide people.

Like the laws of nature. I didnt create this, but i can observe the inconvenient truth.

But then again, it should be ok for the irish to be divided from the rest of the toxic EU.

The French are harking back to a Gaulish idyll ? that is absolutely predictable following the catastrophic levels of 20th century immigration of people from a foreign language, foreign religion, foreign culture. The Roman conquest of Gaul was fairly modest by comparison. The ownership of wealth & power went Roman but the people on the streets remained Gaulish. The 20th century conquest of France is far more insidious. Less to do with the seat of government and more to do with the profile of your local community.

On that point, I've just been reading a very interesting article on jstor.org You can join for free and read the whole article. It's discussing how Gaulish origins are now used politically in France. Sarkozi once ridiculously told migrant children that "your ancestors were Gauls." But, it seems the Bourbon aristocracy considered themselves to be Franks, and thus aloof from the Celtic French commoners. So much so, that many French people saw the French Revolution in racial terms, i.e. kicking the Germanic invaders out. People were talking about "sending the Bourbons back to the German forests." After Napoleon's first defeat, the Bourbons tried to reintroduce their Germanic ruling class - which is one of the main reasons people were delighted to have Napoleon back.

Interestingly, the article also talks about how the EU has tried to wrap itself in Gaulish identity.

Top Bottom