Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
I'm not sure what this means tbh. I won't abide informants in my physical proximity and quite frankly I'm struggling to justify sharing a forum with a snitch as well.

He stated that he went out to damage the site and its owners. He did not even bother to consult with the owners in so doing. He got back and baldy announced that he'd do it again. His prose was deliberate and calculated at all times, he wasn't "drunk".

That the gards refused his mealy mouthed snitching as that of another busy-body time waster with a rock-bottom trigger threshold is beside the point.

If I said what he said I'd expect to be banned. I've been on several free speech forums in 15 years, all of them you'd get a perma ban for those antics. No question. It's mad that the guy is still here.
Well I gave you my opinion. I am not privy to the thinking of Hans and Rick on their decision.
All I know is that the must adhere to the law and banning a poster is not going to prevent him or any random reader reporting anything.

roc_

The owners need to decide if they want a "community" or a discussion forum.

A community has something in common, typically values and a shared identity. Stormfront.org was a "community". Whereas Politics.ie and such places are "discussion forums".

When I mistook this site for a discussion forum, I expressed my own views and sentiment as well as I could.

But if it is in fact a "community", well I have no desire to be any part of a group that to my mind exhibits values, beliefs and identifications that are thoroughly anti-social.

It does in fact confirm my suspicions that politicalirish.com is a "community".

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
I do that already and I expect the mod team to act. As I say, no need for alien spies in our community. I would say there should be no place for them. roc should not have the same posting rights and privileges as respected members of our community. That's my opinion.
Every report is appreciated, even if rejected. They are seen and decided upon by someone. It is the first thing a mod will check when he sees the notice on the top left hand side.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

A community has something in common, typically values and a shared identity. Stormfront.org was a "community". Whereas Politics.ie and such places are "discussion forums".

When I mistook this site for a discussion forum, I expressed my own views and sentiment as well as I could.

But if it is in fact a "community", well I have no desire to be any part of a group that to my mind exhibits values, beliefs and identifications that are thoroughly anti-social.

It's on the front page that this is a community. It's a community that values free speech and logical argument. There is no requirement to have any particular political opinion. You have often seen how far apart the likes of myself and Youngdan are on many topics. Your problem is that you are not able to call in the mods to defend you when you are loosing the argument - as you do on Politics.ie. Once you realised that, you ran to the police hoping that they would back you up. Well, it seems they told you what you could do with yourself - and now you are back here with your tail between your legs moaning about not being allowed free speech. What a joke you are.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Yes, but that is how real life works.
Everyone must report anything dodgy they see.Many might be rejected but it is better safe than sorry
I have reported one or two posts by Dwayne because I believed seriously that they could get the site into serious trouble. Myles and probably Dwayne himself would consider that scumbag territory but it isn't something I feel guilty about because I trust the mods here to be just. However claiming to have gone to the peelers and threatening to do so again over stuff is qualitatively different.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member

Do you realize that Young Dan is a Zionist? Obviously politicalirish.com is not a community the same that Stormfront.org is. However similarly but also dis-similarly to Jews Celts like forming a communal atmosphere which doesn't entail a negation of disagreement.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PoliticalIrish.com is a platform to create and participate in discussions, using text, links, profiles, audio, pictures, videos and other media (hereinafter referred to as “Material") appropriately.

"We offer our community engaging debates, topics, fairness and respect."

You clearly have a problem with that last word.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
I despise cannabis smoking and think it has an incredibly destructive effect on people's character and so society at large. However it is something I would never run to the authorities about someone doing or even selling.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
I despise cannabis smoking and think it has an incredibly destructive effect on people's character and so society at large. However it is something I would never run to the authorities about someone doing or even selling.
But many do.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member

Also honestly roc_ have you ever followed Stormfront? They are more ban happy than RevLeft which is saying something and expect everyone to conform to a tight ideological position. Here allows anyone and everyone- even those who have claimed to have gone to the peelers complaining about it.

Top Bottom