Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I can not speak for the owners but I assume they will have asked and have a decent understanding of the law.

I myself am not alarmed about Roc. He seems to be an upfront person. This site is as a matter or routine by police for infractions. Having posters remind us of that is a good thing.

So Don't Post Anything Illegal.

The thing is that this forum is a community. It's not just a collection of individuals. roc has no sense of that, and has set himself up as a spy and informer, ready to betray the community at the first opportunity. Indeed, he claims he has already done so. He joined this community of his own volition, but when he found that he didn't have the intellectual capacity to counter the arguments being put to him - he ran for the police. Of course we have no fear of the police, as we have not done anything illegal. But that's not the point. The point is that we have an enemy and a traitor in our ranks.

The thing is that this forum is a community. It's not just a collection of individuals. roc has no sense of that, and has set himself up as a spy and informer, ready to betray the community at the first opportunity. Indeed, he claims he has already done so. He joined this community of his own volition, but when he found that he didn't have the intellectual capacity to counter the arguments being put to him - he ran for the police. Of course we have no fear of the police, as we have not done anything illegal. But that's not the point. The point is that we have an enemy and a traitor in our ranks.
Add to the fact that this isn't free speech America but police state Europe. "Hatred" is a floating signifier. It's not something like incitement to violence that can be pretty well nailed down. Hatred could mean anything, is indifferent to truth and is subject to whomever is in good graces in political terms. "Hurt feelings" from a minorty in high standing politically that's been subject to tough but truthful criticism *can* be enough.

But, yeah, all that's beside the point. Someone who baldly states he's out to damage the site and harm its owners by informing on them to the police would get a perma ban anywhere. That we may have a "hunch" that he hasn't left his basement let alone ever met a real gard doesn't really cut it. He comes back and is totally unapologetic about doing so and is permitted to continue is just plain mad. I don't see any substance in the guy but even if he was the greatest poster in all of forumland I'd be sayin' the exact same stuff.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Again, that is not for me to say..

Here is my scenario. I am sitting in my tavern in Massachusetts listening to two fellows having a few beers. We will call these two customers Toc and Roby, not based on any real persons.

Toc is complaining that I have served underage drinkers who were only 20 years old. He says, fuck you that is not right and I am going to call the cops the next time I see it.
I am not happy, he would be an asshole etc, I would not like him and would like to bar him. But, I would have to admit that he was right. Better get rid of the illegality before the liquor inspector/undercover cop comes in and catches me. Me wishing the drinking age to be 18 does not matter, it is 21, that is the law and if I wish to have a tavern in Massachusetts, I must obey the law. Otherwise, I could open a tavern in Mexico I suppose.

Then, I gotta listen to to the other fellow Roby. He is dressed a bit better than some of my regulars and is complaining that he can't bring his wife and friends down until I get rid of the riff raff. The problem is that I like some of the riff raff and they paid my bills when starting out. I will then be weighing the pros and cons of his suggestion. I will say that perhaps it is Budweiser talking, maybe he has no friends at all. So I will likely just mollify this customer and as long as he spends a few dollars I am happy. If he is likely to get entangled with the locals then I will shut him off. If he brings in some of these friends, then most certainly I will revisit his musings. But when it comes to bars, a bird in the hand, is frequently worth two in the bush.

But at the end of the day, I have no reason to believe that either of these customers have any malice to me personally whatsoever. That is a different type of customer that will try to block my toilet or silently call police for any thing they can think of.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Again, that is not for me to say..

Here is my scenario. I am sitting in my tavern in Massachusetts listening to two fellows having a few beers. We will call these two customers Toc and Roby, not based on any real persons.

Toc is complaining that I have served underage drinkers who were only 20 years old. He says, fuck you that is not right and I am going to call the cops the next time I see it.
I am not happy, he would be an asshole etc, I would not like him and would like to bar him. But, I would have to admit that he was right. Better get rid of the illegality before the liquor inspector/undercover cop comes in and catches me. Me wishing the drinking age to be 18 does not matter, it is 21, that is the law and if I wish to have a tavern in Massachusetts, I must obey the law. Otherwise, I could open a tavern in Mexico I suppose.

Then, I gotta listen to to the other fellow Roby. He is dressed a bit better than some of my regulars and is complaining that he can't bring his wife and friends down until I get rid of the riff raff. The problem is that I like some of the riff raff and they paid my bills when starting out. I will then be weighing the pros and cons of his suggestion. I will say that perhaps it is Budweiser talking, maybe he has no friends at all. So I will likely just mollify this customer and as long as he spends a few dollars I am happy. If he is likely to get entangled with the locals then I will shut him off. If he brings in some of these friends, then most certainly I will revisit his musings. But when it comes to bars, a bird in the hand, is frequently worth two in the bush.

But at the end of the day, I have no reason to believe that either of these customers have any malice to me personally whatsoever. That is a different type of customer that will try to block my toilet or silently call police for any thing they can think of.

Roc wants to shut down a forum that's outside the "American Consensus," i.e. Globalist Zionism. He is quite clear that he wants to do the site and its owners and members damage. In short, he wants to silence us.

roc_

I think in Taigh's fantasy world he sees himself as on the army council of the P.I.R.A. or something.

It's a discussion forum, Taigh. It's not your revolutionary army (yet).

Anyone in any physical proximity who is an informant or has stated he has informed on me will get a very categorical response from me. It would be a response that will be the polar opposite of diplomatic.

This response of mine will have nothing to do with any assessment of his chances of the informant doing me damage. The malicious intention is enough.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Did the owners not specifically point out that they set up this site as a bastion of free speech.
That is the acceptance of opposing views. You were banned from P.ie for a viewpoint opposed to one held by a mod/owner.The only thing community about this place is the acceptance of each member having the ability to voice his opinion. You would like everyone to have the same opinion, yours, but that is not reality. I do not think Roc should be banned. Anyway, banning him would be futile in an attempt to prevent him reporting an illegality.We can assume that snowflakes are reporting posts on every site 24 hours a day. That is what they do.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Another disgraceful post from a disgraceful human being. I see now that the Admins have been mistaken in their good will towards you. Pearls before a swine. You clearly have no sense of community and no sense of the collective good. No wonder you follow Zionism - a nasty egocentric creed.
Zionism isn't ego-centric unless you consider all what roc_ would consider "good Jews" to be a single ego, it demands group cohesion and a willingness to potentially sacrifice everything for the group. It is has what "White Nationalists" wished Whites had.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I think in Taigh's fantasy world he sees himself as on the army council of the P.I.R.A. or something.

It's a discussion forum, Taigh. It's not your revolutionary army (yet).
If you look at the About Politicalirish.com below you will see these words - "our community." You were accepted into our community and you betrayed us. You proved yourself an enemy and expelled yourself from our community.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Zionism isn't ego-centric unless you consider all what roc_ would consider "good Jews" to be a single ego, it demands group cohesion and a willingness to potentially sacrifice everything for the group. It is has what "White Nationalists" wished Whites had.

I'd argue that point with you a chara, but this probably isn't the time or the place.

Seems to me like toby and _roc's calls for police intervention to shut down this website qualify as such extremism!
My good man good man you should withdraw that remark that I called for "police intervention" or anything like it.

I have not,and never will,contact anyone regarding the running or operation of this site.

I will of course confront posters whose views I disagree with just like on any normal site.

I will ask you politely to withdraw that remark please.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Did the owners not specifically point out that they set up this site as a bastion of free speech.
That is the acceptance of opposing views. You were banned from P.ie for a viewpoint opposed to one held by a mod/owner.The only thing community about this place is the acceptance of each member having the ability to voice his opinion. You would like everyone to have the same opinion, yours, but that is not reality. I do not think Roc should be banned. Anyway, banning him would be futile in an attempt to prevent him reporting an illegality.We can assume that snowflakes are reporting posts on every site 24 hours a day. That is what they do.

Whether he is banned or not is up the Admins. As far as I'm concerned he has put himself outside of our community and proved himself to be an enemy.

Top Bottom