• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

Indo is a mouthpiece for Big Denis. They are Left-Atlanticists opposed to but not unduly pushed about Brexit. Alot of celebrity garbage acts as filler in that paper. Whatever meaningless airheads like "Roz Purcell", "Amy Huberman" are doin' is the big scoops there.

Ivory Times are pol pot snowflake abortion-mongers. They have more substantial subjects under discussion than the other paper usually but all channeled through the perspective of a parallel snowflake universe. They dig the British Remainer scene and in trying to ape them they wind up a more exaggerated parody of the Guardian.

They are all infatuated with the FG party by far the most because they were such good sports about implementing the NGO rainbow causes.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I don't think that their anti-Shinner propaganda is that effective at all because it is too over the top and I don't think even hard core FGers really believe it as such. Also it gets pretty repetitive and lacks the dramatic qualities of someone like William Frazer's earthy paranoia.

Yes, Wully's always good for a laugh...

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
The funniest thing about that stunt was the interview he gave to the press dressed up like that where he basically said that the law he was been done under was a good law but it should only be used against Muslims but not Prods.

Classic Wully.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account

He that bulls the cow must keep the calf.

Seems that websites like this are causing concern for the Régime - too many truths running out past the official Régime barriers.

THE State should offer financial support to traditional media outlets to prevent the “erosion of democracy”, according to a Fianna Fail TD.

Clare TD Timmy Dooley believes that the Government should be providing support to the traditional media outlets to ensure that “quality journalism” (i.e. Régime approved propaganda) does not die out.

He said social media platforms offered “unverified” and “untruthful” information which could pose a risk to future democracy.

He said: “Facebook and Google are eroding mainstream journalism because people are now capturing their news and information through Facebook.

Full article,

TD calls on State backing for newspapers to stop social media 'eroding democracy'
Next thing they will be calling for is a Newspaper licence that everyone must buy on threat of prison to fund state approved propaganda news outlets.

You almost completely destroyed this thread with off-topic babble. If you were sincere you'd start up a new thread or add to the array of feedback threads there happens to be. So don't swivel around and look flabbergasted when people you and you're Carlton Hogge henchmen trolls.
Oooh bit close to the bone there Spud, queered your pitch did I.

Lookit pal, word in your ear, you and your kind ain't going to get no free run on this site as long as I is around .

comprehendo Senör?

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account
How not?

You're only a Feedback Slobber.

My Threads are the Top Threads- c'mon & Troll them.

The Mods won't permit the Top Threads bein Trolled by you or by Socks.

A Voice in the Wind, just like George Osbourne- Trash...

How not?

You're only a Feedback Slobber.

My Threads are the Top Threads- c'mon & Troll them.

The Mods won't permit the Top Threads bein Trolled by you or by Socks.

A Voice in the Wind- just like George Osbourne- Trash...
Your threads are a flagon of piss, buddy.

You seem to think you are some kind of ' internet influencer'.eh.

what you are is a deluded kernt who has no credibility other than in your own mind.

A kernt who needs bold text to make any impression.

in other words a vaccuos windbag with no presence or influence.

A total humpback.

His crowd ain't the sharpest.

His friend drowned in a lake a few years ago in an attempt to replace Irish flags with British flags on a small island somewhere.

Using a boat or canoe was out of the question. No, he had to go all Michelle Smith de Bruin with tragic results for his family.
He was out of his head drunk in the middle of the day which is why he ended up drowning. They had a memorial for him by the park pond with a Poppy wreath as if he had been some dashing soldier who had died on a dangerous mission. That was really too, too much.

My point about bringing Willie Frazer is that I would rate his commentary as in terms of strict quality not much below that of The ISIS Times of the Indo. Every time I start feeling sorry for Frazer though he does something to make me recall his nasty vicious side. He is though more "real" and the creative though than the likes of Kevin Myers or Ruth Edwards.

More nonsense from our hick simpleton politicians trying to ape whatever craze happens to be on the go in America.

=====================

Five years in jail for spreading 'fake news' under FF proposal

The use of internet 'bots' to influence political debate will be punished with fines of up to €10,000 or five years' imprisonment under new laws tabled by Fianna Fáil.
Ground-breaking proposals to be brought before the Dáil this week will also make it an offence to actively promote 'fake news' using social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
The Bill comes on the back of claims that the election of US President Donald Trump was heavily influenced by Russian entities - but will have a major impact on the practices of political parties here.

The use of internet 'bots' to influence political debate will be punished with fines of up to €10,000 or five years' imprisonment under new laws tabled by Fianna Fáil.
Ground-breaking proposals to be brought before the Dáil this week will also make it an offence to actively promote 'fake news' using social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
The Bill comes on the back of claims that the election of US President Donald Trump was heavily influenced by Russian entities - but will have a major impact on the practices of political parties here.

Five years in jail for spreading 'fake news' under FF proposal - Independent.ie

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
LOL. Your ideas and my ideas of a "glorious end" are likely very different, Taigh.
I'm glad to see you admit you made threats against this forum and its membership. Now I'd like to see you be man enough to apologize.

Last edited:

roc_

I glad to see you admit you made threats against this forum and its membership. Now I'd like to see you be man enough to apologize.
Apologise for what? Offending your personal sense of loyalty to an incendiary, vicious mob?

Tell me, if you were witness to a robbery, or a rape, or a mob lynching, would you feel duty bound to report it?

I have clearly communicated the criteria of law-breaking I have been concerned with: "... to use words, publish or distribute written material, or broadcast ... the likelihood (irrespective of intention), having regard to all the circumstances, of stirring up hatred... on account of their race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, membership of the travelling community or sexual orientation... " http://politicalirish.com/threads/s...ecome-a-private-site.24212/page-6#post-168771

If I pass by here, and I see a crime being committed, the stirring up of hatred, as defined in Irish law, I will report it, and I apologise for absolutely nothing. - So suck it up, Taigh.

Tad obtuse there Daniel, not many will get what I see as the inference intended.

On a side note, is this site turning into an extreme views platform rather than logical discussion?

Just wondering like.

Hope the polis don't get involved....uhmmmmmm

Shut the fcuker down or anything like that.

Nah..... Won't happen.
Making veiled threats of calling the police in when people on a harmless internet site
merely express some opinions which differ from your own.
Is that your version of supporting democracy and free speech hogge?

What a vile piece of totalitarian toady p.ie excrement you are Toby!

Just joking about, as in, how do I get this money that everyone suspesuspects others are paid.

The site is relatively fine imo, it is a chat forum. It is not the Lit and Debate Society in Trinity or a Think Tank in DC.

I will curtail any calls for violence and extremism that I witness. That, I am honor bound to do, as long as I am a mod.
Seems to me like toby and _roc's calls for police intervention to shut down this website qualify as such extremism!

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Apologise for what? Offending your personal sense of loyalty to an incendiary, vicious mob?

Tell me, if you were witness to a robbery, or a rape, or a mob lynching, would you feel duty bound to report it?

I have clearly communicated the criteria of law-breaking I have been concerned with: "... to use words, publish or distribute written material, or broadcast ... the likelihood (irrespective of intention), having regard to all the circumstances, of stirring up hatred... on account of their race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, membership of the travelling community or sexual orientation... " http://politicalirish.com/threads/s...ecome-a-private-site.24212/page-6#post-168771

If I pass by here, and I see a crime being committed, the stirring up of hatred, as defined in Irish law, I will report it, and I apologise for absolutely nothing. - So suck it up, Taigh.
When you say report whom are you going to report to?