Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

The last poster making such veiled threats against this forum came to an inglorious end. Hopefully, nothing like that will befall you - every forum should have its clown jester.
What "veiled threats" are these Timmie?

Explain yourself,a chara.

You seem a tad 'jumpy ' at that post Timmie, calm down man, not need to get panicky.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Tad obtuse there Daniel, not many will get what I see as the inference intended.

On a side note, is this site turning into an extreme views platform rather than logical discussion?

Just wondering like.

Hope the polis don't get involved....uhmmmmmm

Shut the fcuker down or anything like that.

Nah..... Won't happen.
Just joking about, as in, how do I get this money that everyone suspesuspects others are paid.

The site is relatively fine imo, it is a chat forum. It is not the Lit and Debate Society in Trinity or a Think Tank in DC.

I will curtail any calls for violence and extremism that I witness. That, I am honor bound to do, as long as I am a mod.

You can pick up the Indo basically for free in a lot of places, my information is that it is essentially the propaganda mouth of some multi-millionaire than a reporting business as such. Sometimes I flick through because occasionally they will have unintentionally hilarious anti-Shinner pieces. Seeing "The ISIS Times" go out of business would induce some schadenfreude though.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
You can pick up the Indo basically for free in a lot of places, my information is that it is essentially the propaganda mouth of some multi-millionaire than a reporting business as such. Sometimes I flick through because occasionally they will have unintentionally hilarious anti-Shinner pieces. Seeing "The ISIS Times" go out of business would induce some schadenfreude though.

Hey!!! Just surmising lads, don't panic ......just yet.

Relaaaaaax.
You almost completely destroyed this thread with off-topic babble. If you were sincere you'd start up a new thread or add to the array of feedback threads there happens to be. So don't swivel around and look flabbergasted when people you and you're Carlton Hogge henchmen trolls.

Indo is a mouthpiece for Big Denis. They are Left-Atlanticists opposed to but not unduly pushed about Brexit. Alot of celebrity garbage acts as filler in that paper. Whatever meaningless airheads like "Roz Purcell", "Amy Huberman" are doin' is the big scoops there.

Ivory Times are pol pot snowflake abortion-mongers. They have more substantial subjects under discussion than the other paper usually but all channeled through the perspective of a parallel snowflake universe. They dig the British Remainer scene and in trying to ape them they wind up a more exaggerated parody of the Guardian.

They are all infatuated with the FG party by far the most because they were such good sports about implementing the NGO rainbow causes.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I don't think that their anti-Shinner propaganda is that effective at all because it is too over the top and I don't think even hard core FGers really believe it as such. Also it gets pretty repetitive and lacks the dramatic qualities of someone like William Frazer's earthy paranoia.

Yes, Wully's always good for a laugh...

Top Bottom