Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

These few troublemakers, which we all know, clearly don't like the fact that people here are reasonably free to express opinions that are at odds with their own ideologies and those of their mother state/political party/bureaucracy/NGO/handlers and that they are free to produce facts to back up these opinions which they would prefer were kept hidden from the public. For this reason they have come here from other sites that they are still members of in order to sabotage this site.

In order to undermine the kind of unacceptable basic free speech and exchange of ideas that occurs here, be assured, these people have and will continue to use every dirty trick in the book including bringing unwarranted state attention on this website thus undermining the privacy of posters, doxing people, derailing discussions through personal attacks etc etc etc. all with the intention of chilling free speech.

They (Toby/_roc/Ollie) have demonstrated over and over that they really have no interest in having a discussion, attempting to get to the truth about things or in sharing interesting data not likely to appear in our captive media.

Witness the ratio of the number of threads started by these folks versus the number of negative personalised attacks, thread derailling posts and posts undermining and criticising the site itself. Virtually no threads started in the case of these three. It is obvious from the data that these three have no interest whatsoever in creating any useful content for the site or in starting any interesting discussions. Their intentions are only to disrupt.

It seems quite obvious to myself and others here that these posters would like nothing better than to shut down this site so that the heavily neutered and pro government/US/Israel/snowflake sites i.e. boards/p.ie/politicalworld remain the only Irish chat fora options available to us

I don't see the value in allowing obvious saboteurs on a forum when their only
interest is in undermining, sabotaging and destroying it for everyone else.

I suggest we have a democratic vote on the matter.
Let the members decide if they want the saboteurs Toby, _roc and Ollie to stay or not

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Well I want all three to stay anyway.

These few troublemakers, which we all know, clearly don't like the fact that people here are reasonably free to express opinions that are at odds with their own ideologies and those of their mother state/political party/bureaucracy/NGO/handlers and that they are free to produce facts to back up these opinions which they would prefer were kept hidden from the public. For this reason they have come here from other sites that they are still members of in order to sabotage this site.

In order to undermine the kind of unacceptable basic free speech and exchange of ideas that occurs here, be assured, these people have and will continue to use every dirty trick in the book including bringing unwarranted state attention on this website thus undermining the privacy of posters, doxing people, derailing discussions through personal attacks etc etc etc. all with the intention of chilling free speech.

They (Toby/_roc/Ollie) have demonstrated over and over that they really have no interest in having a discussion, attempting to get to the truth about things or in sharing interesting data not likely to appear in our captive media.

Witness the ratio of the number of threads started by these folks versus the number of negative personalised attacks, thread derailling posts and posts undermining and criticising the site itself. Virtually no threads started in the case of these three. It is obvious from the data that these three have no interest whatsoever in creating any useful content for the site or in starting any interesting discussions. Their intentions are only to disrupt.

It seems quite obvious to myself and others here that these posters would like nothing better than to shut down this site so that the heavily neutered and pro government/US/Israel/snowflake sites i.e. boards/p.ie/politicalworld remain the only Irish chat fora options available to us

I don't see the value in allowing obvious saboteurs on a forum when their only
interest is in undermining, sabotaging and destroying it for everyone else.

I suggest we have a democratic vote on the matter.
Let the members decide if they want the saboteurs Toby, _roc and Ollie to stay or not
Well, I would disentangle Tobe and Rehn from this guy. I could conceive of both of the former partaking on a permissive free speech board. And I think they do behave abysmally. But it is conceivable they would be permitted to continue on such a board. I don't think membership should be decided by a show of hands either; it's an owner matter ultimately.

However, I can't for the life of me conceive of how this snitch who explicitly boasted about his actions that would result in great harm upon this site and its owners is allowed to post. To this day, we don't even know what he objected to, he didn't even have the basic decency to inform anyone. The report or the PM function is not hard to use. But he claimed he went straight to the police. Allowing someone like that here just boggles the mind. I have never witnessed such a gentle attitude towards such a harmful and malevolent character on a given forum.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Well, I would disentangle Tobe and Rehn from this guy. I could conceive of both of the former partaking on a permissive free speech board. And I think they do behave abysmally. But it is conceivable they would be permitted to continue on such a board. I don't think membership should be decided by a show of hands either; it's an owner matter ultimately.

However, I can't for the life of me conceive of how this snitch who explicitly boasted about actions that would result in great harm upon this site and its owners is allowed to post. To this day, we don't even know what he objected to, he didn't even have the basic decency to inform anyone. The report or the PM function is not hard to use. But he claimed he went straight to the police. Allowing someone like that here just boggles the mind. I have never witnessed such a gentle attitude towards such a harmful and malevolent character on a given forum.

Yes, Toby and Rehn are despicable creatures, but they haven't actually put themselves outside of our community.

THE State should offer financial support to traditional media outlets to prevent the “erosion of democracy”, according to a Fianna Fail TD.
FF want to give taxpayer's money to struggling private businesses? I vaguely recall them doing something like that the last time they were in government. It's on the tip of my tongue. Something about bondholders and sovereign debt. Nah it's gone. It was probably a bad thing though.

Top Bottom