Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads

He that bulls the cow must keep the calf.

Seems that websites like this are causing concern for the Régime - too many truths running out past the official Régime barriers.

THE State should offer financial support to traditional media outlets to prevent the “erosion of democracy”, according to a Fianna Fail TD.

Clare TD Timmy Dooley believes that the Government should be providing support to the traditional media outlets to ensure that “quality journalism” (i.e. Régime approved propaganda) does not die out.

He said social media platforms offered “unverified” and “untruthful” information which could pose a risk to future democracy.

He said: “Facebook and Google are eroding mainstream journalism because people are now capturing their news and information through Facebook.

Full article,

TD calls on State backing for newspapers to stop social media 'eroding democracy'

Threads
That why places like this need solid citizens like ....erm...myself and lads like the boy Porter and Ollie and others to ensure that humpbacks and buffoons don't have free range over the site, like, dominate it with enough bolloxology to choke a fully grown Zambesi croc .

Nothing personal Timmie, just sayin' like.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
That why places like this need solid citizens like ....erm...myself and lads like the boy Porter and Ollie and others to ensure that humpbacks and buffoons don't have free range over the site, like, dominate it with enough bolloxology to choke a fully grown Zambesi croc .

Well, as noted on another thread, this website has its champs and its chumps. Unfortunately, yourself and the rest of the aforementioned crew are in the latter category.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Threads

A few shekels coming my way for Hanaka, would not be amiss, if you put in a good word. God Bless, Shalom, Alli Akbot etc etc

Threads
I'm all for it. What would happen if the papers became formally attached to the regime?

Trust in the big papers already at an all time low would plunge into oblivion.

The big papers already known to be as established organs would be officially establishment organs and this would then be inarguable.

And if a patriotic regime was ever to rise to power (I know fat chance) the big media cartels are gonna need to be reigned in.

However this is just some pea-brain spasm of some establishment nitwit and won't see the light of day.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
I'm all for it. What would happen if the papers became formally attached to the regime?

Trust in the big papers already at an all time low would plunge into oblivion.

The big papers already known to be as established organs would be officially establishment organs and this would then be inarguable.

And if a patriotic regime was ever to rise to power (I know fat chance) the big media cartels are gonna need to be reigned in.

However this is just some pea-brain spasm of some establishment nitwit and won't see the light of day.

In reality, the Régime already funds these organs by massive and unnecessary state advertising. Of course, there is the element of deniability there - it's de facto state funding, but at one remove.

Threads
A few shekels coming my way for Hanaka, would not be amiss, if you put in a good word. God Bless, Shalom, Alli Akbot etc etc

Tad obtuse there Daniel, not many will get what I see as the inference intended.

On a side note, is this site turning into an extreme views platform rather than logical discussion?

Just wondering like.

Hope the polis don't get involved....uhmmmmmm

Shut the fcuker down or anything like that.

Nah..... Won't happen.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Tad obtuse there Daniel, not many will get what I see as the inference intended.

On a side note, is this site turning into an extreme views platform rather than logical discussion?

Just wondering like.

Nah..... Won't happen.

The last poster making such veiled threats against this forum came to an inglorious end. Hopefully, nothing like that will befall you - every forum should have its clown jester.

Threads

Just wondering like.

Nah..... Won't happen.
Off-topic posts from Trollby with this "side note", lol.

If you actually got off your lazy backsides and developed content of your own instead of constant moaning from the ditch maybe the Carlton Clique would establish a presence of its own?

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads
Maybe the Gards will start up a Feedback Forum for him & he can spend all Day + Night on that - slobberin about the Posters there too :D

Top Bottom