• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Fianna Fáil caught in dodgy voting in the Dáil

blue velvet

Donator
Fianna Fail TDs Niall Collins and Timmy Dooley have admitted to casting dodgy votes in Leinster House.

Collins has admitted to pressing Dooley's voting button while he was absent, but denies he was asked to do so.

How does this corrupt joke of a party get away with it.

Last edited:

Florence

PI Member
Why would Collins do this unless he was asked?

Why would he do it as a joke?

TDs have to have a certain % attendances in order to retain the annual unvouched travel allowance that is paid monthly. I suspect Timmy was behind with his attendances and asked his mate to press his bell. What other reason could there be for this happening?

Last edited:
OP
blue velvet

blue velvet

Donator
Why would Collins do this unless he was asked?

Why would he do it as a joke?

TDs have to have a certain % attendances in order to retain the annual unvouched travel allowance that is paid monthly. I suspect Willie was behind with his attendances and asked his mate to press his bell. What other reason could there be for this happening?
Dooley initially said he couldn't explain why he had 'voted' when he wasn't in the Dáil chamber.

Such brass-necked liars.

Florence

PI Member
Timmy Dooley is paid €4253 pm for travel and other expenses. Nice money. But as I posted above, the travel element of this amount has to be refunded if the clocking in system records members as having attendances below the limit (80%?).

The Dail website used to publish on am monthly basis the dates members clocked in. I can't find this useful list on the website. The website has been revamped since I last looked at it so maybe the attendances lists are still there but made hard to find!!!

Last edited:
OP
blue velvet

blue velvet

Donator
Here is Dooley's empty seat while the vote was taking place. Note Niall Collins on the phone.

Florence

PI Member
I found the attendance records on the Dail website. between 1.1.2019 and 31.8.2019 Dooley recorded 91 attendances for allowance purposes - but how many of them related to Niall Collins pressing the bell? He could have been doing it on other occasuions and the truth didn't come out.

The clock in system is a joke - they clock in but not out - so it is possible to record your attendance and then leave immediately and go off to another paying gig, your own business, a paid directorship or whatever.

Last edited:
OP
blue velvet

blue velvet

Donator
I found the attendance records on the Dail website. between 1.1.2019 and 31.8.2019 O'Dea recorded 77 attendances for allowance purposes - but how many of them related to Niall Collins pressing the bell? He could have been doing it on other occasuions and the truth didn't come out.

The clock in system is a joke - they clock in but not out - so it is possible to record your attendance and then leave immediately and go off to another paying gig, your own business, a paid directorship or whatever.
It was actually Timmy Dooley and not Willie O'Dea who was involved.

Catalpa

PI Member
Fianna Fail TDs Niall Collins and Timmy Dooley have admitted to casting dodgy votes in Leinster House.

Collins has admitted to pressing Dooley's voting button while he was absent, but denies he was asked to do so.

How does this corrupt joke of a party get away with it.

They should both Resign with immediate effect!

Two chancers caught Red handed corrupting the processes of An Dáil IMO.

Of course not chance they will unless MM was to turn on them

- unlikely with a GE just over 6 months away...

Top Bottom