• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

FF Lash out at Champions League Heros

Pathetic sums of money, the Irish league deserves better and it must be heart breaking for them to look across the water and see the huge sums of money now being splashed around by clubs of similar size.

Irish sport needs a huge revamp, hopefully the clubs can come togeather and form a new breakaway league and Football Association away from the corrupt FAI.

bogger

PI Member
4 years ago Dundlak were bankrupt and bottom of the table, with 250 supporters. If they win tonight, it could be worth 16 million to them, which should be enough for them to build a 10,000 all-seater. I think the League should break from the FAI, and build small multi-purpose stadiums, and allow the GAA teams to use them, in the same way the Munster rugby team allow Limerick to play at their ground.

What I found really stomach turning about the swipe FF took against Kenny, is that despite their failure to deliver for sports clubs, which boils down to a combination of self-interest and incompetence, they hadn't even got the decency or the savvy to urge neutrals to get out and support them tonight, because a win tonight and they are half way there to having their own stadium.
Spot on, particularity the idea of sharing with GAA.

Ireland wants to host the Rugby world cup, not a chance with current infrastructure, its time the people in Sport ran sport, and not the bloated fat lazy arseholes creaming from the top.

You only need to look at the Olympic thread to see that.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Did I read that right? A 5,000 Euro Strategic plan?
You would struggle to make a strategic plan for a Subbuteo club for that amount.

bable shair

PI Member

The 1st goal for Legia was a penalty, and if an extra 20,000 supporters had turned up, that might have been the difference. But 30,000+ is nothing to be sneered at, and overall it was a great occasion for the League. They were denied a blatant penalty. The tie is beyond them now, but at least they have the Europa League Group Stages to look forward to. The defeat could turn out to be a blessing in disguise, and outside of Man Utd, Inter Milan and Fiorentina, I would expect Dundalk to hold their own even amongst some of the seeded teams like Zurich and Zorya Luhansk.
You would hope that a significant amount of funds could be gained from the Europa league too.

Top Bottom