• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Blog Feeding the poor is now a crime in the US

In a recent instance, 7 people in Tampa Florida were arrested for feeding the poor

7 volunteers arrested for feeding homeless people in Tampa

Another arrest of 12 people recently in a Southern California city near San Diego.

These San Diego activists were arrested for feeding homeless people in a park

According to an official press release, this was apparently to protect the poor people in need of food from an outbreak of Hepatitis A.

However, no protection from starvation was offered by the police even though starvation is well known to be far more fatal than a dose of Hepatitis A.

Of course, the other park users having their lunches in the park were all known to be completely immune to that particular strain of hepatitis so they were not arrested for their own good by the police and were left to eat their food in peace.

Is feeding the poor a crime now?

FOOD IS A RIGHT NOT A PRIVILEGE

Now that we too have become "little americans" and have adopted american "every rat for himself" culture and behaviour over our own traditional values, would the same thing happen here if people started feeding the homeless in an Irish park?

D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
Sadly, a lot of right wing scum believe that the way to deal with the poor is to make it so painful to be poor that nobody will stay poor.

Thats Racist

PI Member
Aug 25, 2016
I trust food banks are being opened to replace the food given to the homeless with state food?

As they are banning free food for the homeless to prevent Hepatitis A, I am left wondering if they are also considering to ban homosexuality, you know to stop the spread of Hepatitis A.?

Paddy O'Brien

PI Member
Mar 23, 2016
In a recent instance, 7 people in Tampa Florida were arrested for feeding the poor

7 volunteers arrested for feeding homeless people in Tampa

Another arrest of 12 people recently in a Southern California city near San Diego.

These San Diego activists were arrested for feeding homeless people in a park

According to an official press release, this was apparently to protect the poor people in need of food from an outbreak of Hepatitis A.

However, no protection from starvation was offered by the police even though starvation is well known to be far more fatal than a dose of Hepatitis A.

Of course, the other park users having their lunches in the park were all known to be completely immune to that particular strain of hepatitis so they were not arrested for their own good by the police and were left to eat their food in peace.

Is feeding the poor a crime now?

FOOD IS A RIGHT NOT A PRIVILEGE

Now that we too have become "little americans" and have adopted american "every rat for himself" culture and behaviour over our own traditional values, would the same thing happen here if people started feeding the homeless in an Irish park?
It really is brutal,talk about the Grapes of Wrath,Steinbeck to the future?

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
Nov 16, 2015
Sadly, a lot of right wing scum believe that the way to deal with the poor is to make it so painful to be poor that nobody will stay poor.

i.e. they will be encouraged to quickly die of exposure, starvation, disease and drug overdoses or alcoholism out of sight of rich people

Anglophile

PI Member
Aug 2, 2017
The Irish are in no position to lecture anyone.

Remember the smear and slur 'taking the soup'??:rolleyes:

Better dead than Proddy!!!:D

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
Nov 16, 2015

Suck my balls kyle! :p

D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member

I always thought you might be a Souper.

OP
GodsDog

GodsDog

PI Member
Nov 16, 2015
He certainly takes the Hasbara soup.

Judaeism, like all religion, is souperstitious nonsense in my opinion :p

Top Bottom