• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Family living under a bridge

• Admin
OP
Political Irish

Political Irish

PI Member
'I worked all my life in the bar trade until Covid... now my family are homeless and sleeping under a bridge'

A family from Limerick city said they were sleeping under a bridge after being evicted from their home at the weekend.

John Johnson (54) wept and explained he and his children were left “walking the streets” after bailiffs called to his home in Assumpta Park, Moyross last Saturday.

The family said they had been unable to source emergency accommodation due to a lack of available bed spaces.

“I’ve three sons living with me and one of their girlfriends. The bailiffs came Saturday morning and told us to get out of the house,” Mr Johnson said wiping away tears.

“I asked if they would give us an hour and they said no they would give us half an hour. They said we were going and that was it.”

“I asked them what about Covid-19 and they said that we had to go and that they were only doing their job. They told us to get out of the house.”

“We left and have no place left to go, we are on the streets. It’s ridiculous, especially with the pandemic.”

Mr Johnson claimed bailiffs were carrying a battering ram but did not use it because he let them in when they called around 9am last Saturday.

page61

PI Member
The only thing that struck me was the age of his children who are "living with him" and the girlfriend of one of them ..they are in their mid to late 30s

Myles O'Reilly

Deported
PI Member
Top Bloke
The only thing that struck me was the age of his children who are "living with him" and the girlfriend of one of them ..they are in their mid to late 30s
Its not an uncommon situation nowadays for an early-middle-aged adult to be still living with parents given the prohibitive cost of buying even a bog standard gaff. And those couples who manage to buy their own house have to wait until they're mid-30's before squeezing out, as Tadgh used to say, one or maximum two sickly milksops. They're then enslaved to the bank until they're 70 years old with their two (probably gay) adult children likely still living with them.

Terrible state of affairs.

BSA

PI Member
Time to go Justin Mode...

Get on the blackface and they'll be sleeping on high thread count sheets in a 4 star hotel before sundown..

Ireland's new caring Mission Statement..

"No one left behind..." ©.

[ Exclusions... Irish taxpayers, Irish pensioners, Irish people with disabilities, Irish people trying to buy a home..
etc etc..

BSA

PI Member
It's almost impossible for an Irish person on a minimum wage living in most Irish cities to own, rent or lease a home..

It's out of reach and has been ..for years..

But that doesn't stop economic migrants arriving here .

Top Bottom