• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Facemasks to be compulsory in England's shops - Should Ireland follow?

Wolf

PI Member
Feb 17, 2019
The answer is No. Boris Johnson, Hancock etc can keep their seedy Freemasonic noncery to themselves.

This is the point of no return for me, where it starts to get nasty. Already I was in Lidl this morning, saw a white haired middle aged local man in front of me wearing a visor, and something flipped in me, I told him straight out how utterly ridiculous he looked and that Fianna Fail was taking the piss out of him.

Legislation also doesn't specify "face masks", it says "face coverings", if this strategy worked why was Iran rampant with COVID?

Also seeing online there's a been a big upturn in online purchases of those cardboard celebrity masks. One man says he's going to buy a Tony Blair one as if you wear that you will get away with anything.
I wonder would a white pillowcase with holes for the eyes be acceptable as a mask?

Feb 24, 2020
I noticed, lately that the people who would stand outside supermarkets counting the numbers going in and out have gone away (at least in my neck of the woods) and these places have become more crowded inside. As a result, I was just waiting for the prouncement that masks would be mandatory in shops.

page61

PI Member
May 25, 2018
I suppose the wrong questions are being asked. Wearing them is of no benefit. Only a FFP3 mask is effective at preventing the spread of the virus, provided the wearer passes the fit testing and applies it using the correct techniques.

The real question that should be put is do they do any harm?

Maybe this widespread wearing of masks is more about a faux promotion of confidence when being out and about in public places and venues.

We are having our pissers pulled.....again.

Only a FFP3 mask is effective at preventing the spread of the virus
Kind of true if you have not got it and smeone sneezes but if you are the one who sneezes ..any mask is effective (or more effective)

Feb 24, 2020
Face coverings are so bad for your health

D

Deleted member 3423

Non Registered Member

Oxygen is good for your health. That is why those that lived in the highest altitudes of the Andes mountains had some of the longest life expectancies in the world. Do they expect a significant global exponential shortening of life expectancy in the post Covid developed world?

M1A2

PI Member
Jul 8, 2020

Hmm. The first link basically says cloth masks are much better than disposable medical/surgical masks.

The second seems to be saying N95 masks are more difficult to breath through and they are, when properly fitted with the correct size of mask. The ordinary person is not going to equipped with the hood test for this. And if surgical masks were detrimental, we would see it in the global medical community long ago.

Masks are a simple precaution that lower the risk, alongside all the other hand hygiene precautions. It's a no brainer.

valamhic

PI Member
Jan 25, 2019
I wonder would a white pillowcase with holes for the eyes be acceptable as a mask?
If you could get an good pair of auld flannelette bloomers, well worn ones with a bit of everything. It would stop the virus and give you immunity.

Top Bottom