Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Facemasks to be compulsory in England's shops - Should Ireland follow?

skynews-boris-johnson-mask_5035925.jpg

OP
Superhans

Superhans

Administrator
PI Member
Wearing a face covering in shops and supermarkets in England is to become mandatory from 24 July.

Those who fail to comply with the new rules will face a fine of up to £100, the government is to announce.

The move will bring England into line with Scotland and other major European nations like Spain, Italy and Germany.

Since mid-May, the public have been advised to wear coverings in enclosed public spaces, where they may encounter people they would not usually meet.

It has been compulsory on public transport in England since 15 June.

Children under 11 and those with certain disabilities will be exempt.

Environment Secretary George Eustice told BBC Breakfast the new mandatory rule for face coverings in shops does not apply to retail staff.

"It is about managing the overall risk," he added. "Any type of covering will be sufficient for this purpose."

It follows a reported increase in the use of face coverings by people in England, Scotland and Wales.

Should Ireland follow?

Greengoose

PI Member
Has this "law" been passed in parliament? If not, there is only the option that the transport company refuses travel

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Should it happen in Ireland?
Like there is a choice in this? Like our government would.. and more importantly... could do anything different.

This video from Forever Computing gives greater depth on how all this Covid19 authoritarian bulshit is now starting to roll out. Masks are part of the normalisation process.

TW Tone

PI Member
I have worn a facemask since March (not the same one, you'll be happy to hear). Indoor in stores etc., obviously. At one stage I was wearing two or even three at a time.
I do not know much about their efficacy, but the urge to protect oneself is strong. I am no longer a spry 21 year old. I felt if this thing acts as a barrier to even one virus in a hundred it's worth it.
In my case, they caused occasional irritation, nothing serious.
I started wearing therm at a time when clowns like Holohan were telling us not to bother. I figured--if they are no use why are all those doctors and nurses wearing them?
Recently I have relaxed, and rarely wear a facemask.

These clowns are always two steps behind. The time for obligatory face masks was months ago.

PS: A serious question--medical not cultural. There are women who never go out without masking their faces. Muslims. An interesting study would be to determine if that practice has helped during this epidemic.

Saul Goodman

PI Member
It going to be creeping expectation ....first in shops then on the street and open air spaces and finally in you own home

The Equaliser

PI Member
I suppose the wrong questions are being asked. Wearing them is of no benefit. Only a FFP3 mask is effective at preventing the spread of the virus, provided the wearer passes the fit testing and applies it using the correct techniques.

The real question that should be put is do they do any harm?

Maybe this widespread wearing of masks is more about a faux promotion of confidence when being out and about in public places and venues.

We are having our pissers pulled.....again.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
UK media reporting that while is complusory for customers to wear masks in shops, it is NOT complusory for the shop workers to wear them.

aka.. it's all shite.

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
If anyone should have been struck down with this thing it should have been supermarket staff in north dublin, all the usual staff in my local stores are still there.......this bullshit is taking on a life of it's own.
I would love to see the data on infections amongst Supermarket staff.

NiceNin

Staff member
PI Member
Wearing a face covering in shops and supermarkets in England is to become mandatory from 24 July.

Those who fail to comply with the new rules will face a fine of up to £100, the government is to announce.

The move will bring England into line with Scotland and other major European nations like Spain, Italy and Germany.

Since mid-May, the public have been advised to wear coverings in enclosed public spaces, where they may encounter people they would not usually meet.

It has been compulsory on public transport in England since 15 June.

Children under 11 and those with certain disabilities will be exempt.

Environment Secretary George Eustice told BBC Breakfast the new mandatory rule for face coverings in shops does not apply to retail staff.

"It is about managing the overall risk," he added. "Any type of covering will be sufficient for this purpose."

It follows a reported increase in the use of face coverings by people in England, Scotland and Wales.

Should Ireland follow?

The answer is No. Boris Johnson, Hancock etc can keep their seedy Freemasonic noncery to themselves.

This is the point of no return for me, where it starts to get nasty. Already I was in Lidl this morning, saw a white haired middle aged local man in front of me wearing a visor, and something flipped in me, I told him straight out how utterly ridiculous he looked and that Fianna Fail was taking the piss out of him.

Legislation also doesn't specify "face masks", it says "face coverings", if this strategy worked why was Iran rampant with COVID?

Also seeing online there's a been a big upturn in online purchases of those cardboard celebrity masks. One man says he's going to buy a Tony Blair one as if you wear that you will get away with anything.

Top Bottom