Face Masks to be made mandatory in Ireland as phase 4 reopening is suspended.

Eriugena

PI Member
Sorry, you mean there was limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission
No, I said "Medical use is not for stopping viral infections", as the authors state.
In other words, we know what use they were intended for, i.e., "designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids" referencing the document 'US Food and Drug Administration. Masks and N95 respirators, 2018'

M1A2

PI Member
No, I said "Medical use is not for stopping viral infections", as the authors state.
In other words, we know what use they were intended for, i.e., "designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids" referencing the document 'US Food and Drug Administration. Masks and N95 respirators, 2018'
You didnt read the article. If you did you would have hit on this link.

You also make an odd argument. Of course, something can be made with one purpose in mind, but can be found to be adaptable to another situation. It happens all the time.

Polyco

PI Member
Better luck next time
You have been shown to be ignorant of science while accusing others of the same and then performed all sorts of dishonest somersaults, lets call it telling lies, in trying to cover your ass.

Just accept the fact that you ain't that clever after all, but we all knew that anyway.

Eriugena

PI Member
You didnt read the article. If you did you would have hit on this link.

You also make an odd argument. Of course, something can be made with one purpose in mind, but can be found to be adaptable to another situation. It happens all the time.
I did read it. I was responding to this, "doctors and nurses have got it wrong for decades?" which in the context of that exchange seems to suggest that masks are long known to be for stopping viral infections. But that was not their stated purpose as you admit. The rest is a matter of ongoing controversy which does not really interest me as my non-mask wearing position has nothing to do with the alleged capabilities of masks or lack thereof.

M1A2

PI Member
I did read it. I was responding to this, "doctors and nurses have got it wrong for decades?" which in the context of that exchange seems to suggest that masks are long known to be for stopping viral infections. But that was not their stated purpose as you admit. The rest is a matter of ongoing controversy which does not really interest me as my non-mask wearing position has nothing to do with the alleged capabilities of masks or lack thereof.
Careful! I said no such thing. I was making a general statement on your line of argument.

Nonetheless...

Eriugena

PI Member
Let us grant for purposes of the argument that these masks were highly effective in stopping covid. This would still not come close to touching on my objection to mandated mask wearing in public places and during covidian conditions. This is why I am not really interested in this topic, except to note that their overall efficacy is a matter of controversy.

I have not actually stated my objection, nor will I, at least here and for the moment, as it would take this thread very from its topic.

M1A2

PI Member
A company may make a product, tested to certain conditions for a specific use case. A user determines it is perfectly adaptable to another situation or application. But the company is not going to necessarily certify that product for the new use case, either because of time and money. Is this other use case for the product irrelevant or faulty? Not necessarily so.

At least you can see what I assumed was your line of thought. Apologies if I was wrong.

M1A2

PI Member
Let us grant for purposes of the argument that these masks were highly effective in stopping covid. This would still not come close to touching on my objection to mandated mask wearing in public places and during covidian conditions. This is why I am not really interested in this topic, except to note that their overall efficacy is a matter of controversy.

I have not actually stated my objection, nor will I, at least here and for the moment, as it would take this thread very from its topic.
Understood. We can leave it here. Perhaps another thread is better.

Top Bottom