Face Masks to be made mandatory in Ireland as phase 4 reopening is suspended.

Eriugena

PI Member
That masks are TERRIBLE for your immune system.
No doubt they are traps for all sorts of nasties. Also, a lot of people wear the same one day in day out because they don't really believe in this nonsense but they "go along to get along". It's obviously not good practise, that is, if you insist on wearing those stupid things.

Last edited:

blue velvet

I'm in hospital since yesterday suffering from uncontrollable high blood pressure and cranial swelling. I'm convinced anger over what's happening is a factor.
Sorry to hear that. I do get the urge to scream whenever I hear some celebrity expert idiot talking about masks and 'science'.

I want to grab him by the throat and scream 'You're creating a generation of hypochondriacs you idiot'

Eriugena

PI Member
So, and I'm referring to masks here, doctors and nurses have got it wrong for decades?
Medical use is not for stopping viral infections.
Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure.
Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings-Personal Protective and Environmental Measures - PubMed

NiceNin

PI Member
Sorry to hear that. I do get the urge to scream whenever I hear some celebrity expert idiot talking about masks and 'science'.

I want to grab him by the throat and scream 'You're creating a generation of hypochondriacs you idiot'
Interestingly there's a sign on this ward door "PPE not required in here as patients do not need to be isolated" - it's a relief being in an indoors mask free zone. How insane does that sound?

M1A2

PI Member
If you noticed Covid infections increased in Ireland after mask wearing in shops and public transport became mandatory in August.
That wasnt house parties and dinner parties then, that caused the increase?

No. Of course it couldnt be the most obvious way to transmit the disease that caused the rise. It must OBVIOUSLY be masks, if we ignore everything else that fucking happened.

Eriugena

PI Member
Interestingly there's a sign on this ward door "PPE not required in here as patients do not need to be isolated" - it's a relief being in an indoors mask free zone. How insane does that sound?
Sorry to hear of your present predicament. Hopefully you'll be out and sent back up to the front fighting fit, asap.

Polyco

PI Member
No you were peddling dishonesty. You said i thought vaccine equals cure. I did not and never have. That is rhe dishonesty you are peddling.

I made an error and misspoke and held my hands up at the time. I confirmed that today when you rephrased your question and asked if i said (rather than thought) a vaccine is a cure. I said no, unless i misstyped or misspoke in haste, which idid at the time. And i owned up to it then.

You really are trying to do a gotcha but you are failing unfortunately. But it would be great yo get back on topic.
Whatever, you just blubber away to yourself if it helps.

M1A2

PI Member

Sorry, you mean there was limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission.

As the authors themselves note, of the 10 studies they looked at:

Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group.
Now, we have masses of evidence, from every sort of angle:

Theres just so much done now to prove the link.

Top Bottom