Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Extreme Nature

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Is that true? Can flies lay eggs inside coffins buried 6 feet below the ground?

I don't think earthworms can eat through 1.5 inches of wood?

Presumably it became customary to bury our dead in coffins so they could enter the next life with their vital organs intact?
There is a species of graveyard fly that burrows into the earth in search of dead cadavers on which to lay its eggs.
Timber coffins eventually rot in damp soil.
The internal bacteria that normally live in the human intestine and elsewhere become highly active after death initating a natural process of decomposition of all soft bodily tissue.

This is why you only see skeletal remains after a few years.
Even the bones eventually crumble into dust.

Vital organs intact?
Not a chance.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Animals are ruled by instinct. It's a mistake to attribute human reasoning or motives to them.
But it's also a mistake to attribute purely animal instincts to humans. We're obviously more than animals.

So who or what are we?
Human beings with an immortal soul made in the image and likeness of God.

blue velvet

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
I once saw a Magpie pinion a fledgling Starling on the ground and repeatedly ram it with it's big pick-like bill. The adult Starlings flew around above making distress calls, but the Youngster was finished.

Ted

PI Member
There is a species of graveyard fly that burrows into the earth in search of dead cadavers on which to lay its eggs.
Timber coffins eventually rot in damp soil.
The internal bacteria that normally live in the human intestine and elsewhere become highly active after death initating a natural process of decomposition of all soft bodily tissue.

This is why you only see skeletal remains after a few years.
Even the bones eventually crumble into dust.

Vital organs intact?
Not a chance.
My undertaker acquaintance who occasionally does exhumations says it's not unusual to find bodies that are perfectly intact several years after burial. This is due to the embalming process.
He also tells of uncovering the intact body of an adolescent who died in the 30's but who wasn't embalmed. He can't explain that one.

Ted

PI Member
really ? wow, the brainwashing brigade really did a good job on you.

Humans are cockroaches, except that the latter are less damaging to the world around them.
What do you tell your kids (I'm assuming) when they ask where has Granny gone?

The Field Marshal

PI Member

Humans are cockroaches, except that the latter are less damaging to the world around them.
That you ask me a question as to how the human soul is immortal followed by an immediate attack as to why I hold such a view is not encouraging.
Your last sentence comparing humans to repulsive insects is not helpful either.
Im struggling to see how fruitful dialogue can continue.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
My undertaker acquaintance who occasionally does exhumations says it's not unusual to find bodies that are perfectly intact several years after burial. This is due to the embalming process.
He also tells of uncovering the intact body of an adolescent who died in the 30's but who wasn't embalmed. He can't explain that one.
The rate of human decomposition after death will obviously vary enormously.
What does not change is that nearly every dead human body eventually decomposes naturally.

Let us be very thankfull to God for that lovely fact.

The rate of human decomposition after death will obviously vary enormously.
What does not change is that nearly every dead human body eventually decomposes naturally.

Let us be very thankfull to God for that lovely fact.
you can thank Him all you like. Silence will be your only reward.

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium

Do you think cockroaches care about your romantic image of nature? Cockroaches are out for themselves like any other animal, and if that means destroying your food and home then so be it.

Also, were I a pig or a cow I think I'd rather be humanely slaughtered than be eaten alive by lions or hyenas.

Top Bottom