Exposure: Undercover — Inside Britain's New Far-Right — ITV 9/11/17 at 10:35PM

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
Didnt watch the documentary but from the social media reaction it sounds like it contains all the stuff which the liberal snowflake mass immigration supporting media types might well find shocking but to the everyday man in the street is exactly what they are thinking but are scared of saying due to the climate of political correctness.

Hopefully it will boost support for the movement.

I don't normally watch those kind of "docs" but I'm a dupe for a bit of goss so I watched it this time.

Waters basically got off scot-free, I don't know what that Buckby crybaby was so mad about, that Austrian fellow with the Bondvillain voice came off relatively well too.

Some minnows types got busted with their midnight desires for mass homicide getting caught on camera. Other than that it was all fairly ho-hum.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I don't normally watch those kind of "docs" but I'm a dupe for a bit of goss so I watched it this time.

Waters basically got off scot-free, I don't know what that Buckby crybaby was so mad about, that Austrian fellow with the Bondvillain voice came off relatively well too.

Some minnows types got busted with their midnight desires for mass homicide getting caught on camera. Other than that it was all fairly ho-hum.

I have about half of it watched now, and the impression I get is that this will do the so called Far Right no harm at all - quite the opposite, their message is getting out to the mainstream.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Back in the day, it was easy to take all the batteries out of all the phones at a meeting like these - can't do that so easy with these smart phones. I don't think that's an accident. Still and all, the security level of these groups is truly laughable.

Undercover hatchetjobs are quite 90s when exhortations against "race-mixing" was genuinely trangressive and chilling talk. Twitter and social media has normalised much of that though.

The aesthetic came across as not that wildly divorced from a live-in documentary on a mainstream campaign. The NGO "experts" seemed to be just going through the motions and there's a general feel they are all quite enjoying the right-wing resurgence upon which they can all reboot their careers.

Back in the day, it was easy to take all the batteries out of all the phones at a meeting like these - can't do that so easy with these smart phones. I don't think that's an accident. Still and all, the security level of these groups is truly laughable.
There's not that much more they could've done to vett people. They even conducted face to face interviews. Infiltrators are just going to be something those people are going to have roll with.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Undercover hatchetjobs are quite 90s when exhortations against "race-mixing" was genuinely trangressive and chilling talk. Twitter and social media has normalised much of that though.

The aesthetic came across as not that wildly divorced from a live-in documentary on a mainstream campaign. The NGO "experts" seemed to be just going through the motions and there's a general feel they are all quite enjoying the right-wing resurgence upon which they can all reboot their careers.

Some of those groups might have actually been hoping that somebody would do this. After all, how else are they going to get on mainstream TV. Waters is a total idiot though. If she had won the UKIP leadership this show would have been a very serious problem for them. She is clearly not leadership material for any group.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
There's not that much more they could've done to vett people. They even conducted face to face interviews. Infiltrators are just going to be something those people are going to have roll with.

Well now, even these days, it would be hard enough to do anything like this with the Provos. Harder again with the so called Dissidents. The English just don't have the tradition of underground activism.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
There's a fair slate of successful infiltrators with the republicans.

For sure, but doing a TV exposé like this wouldn't be at all easy. For one thing, the senior people are smart enough to watch what they say in front of junior members. In fact, junior members only get to hear what the senior people would say on TV. And they are very well aware of electronic surveillance. You'd need military grade surveillance to get what you want.