• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Self Moderated Europe-wide high speed rail plan to include Ireland

DS86DS

Donator
PI Member
An interesting proposal in the works which would see one being able to take the train directly from Dublin to Paris. I would have thought though that despite the departure of Britain from the EU, such a line would nonetheless be run through England and Wales connecting up to Wexford, or run up to Scotland and across to Antrim and back down again to Dublin. They would obviously be the more cost effective solutions.

Yet this line will seemingly go directly from Ireland to France. Cost considerations notwithstanding, it will be some feat of engineering if they do manage to accomplish it in the end. With all of the above aside, I'd know I'd personally love the idea of jumping on the train in Dublin to visit Paris and beyond. As opposed to all those airports delays and cramped airplane seats, one could simply buy a train ticket and enjoy a comfortable journey with nice scenery to admire along the way.

🔹🔹🔹

Screen-Shot-2020-06-26-at-17.48.29 (1).png

f3d62c43cc6859efab53b7d16228ba6f.jpg

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
Build one to Holyhead and see how you get on ?

Probably be flying cars before any of this happens ! ! !

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Prussians building their railways again. Where's the corresponding Schliffen Plan to go along with this?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Irish Gombeens don't like railways. Motorways are much more profitable for them.

sighthound

PI Member
The tunnel is the most dangerous mode of transport you can t escape a mad terroris & they are on the increaset. I have been on the channel tunnel and hated every minute of it felt trapped! Would not touch a 54km tunnel but it will be great for the new world order - trains bringing them in unnoticed until they rock up and live beside you ......

Top Bottom