EU army on the way

Threads

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
I don't understand why this would come as a shock to anyone. The fact that the Republic of Ireland doesn't control it's own currency at all could be an argument that already it is subsumed in another State. Either the Euro goes or there will be sooner or later, and most likely sooner rather than later, a centralized EU Army. In some ways actually the migrant crisis actually served to slow down EU centralization (no I don't see the migrant crisis as a good thing even though it had that unintended result).

Threads
We can't even get the EU to work properly.
How are they expecting a defense force to work?

The only way I can figure is for the EU to become a federal union. Countries become US-style states.

Responsibility for raising an Army being handled by each state while Air and Navy will be federal.
That way a country such as Lithuania doesn't have to worry about an air force of their own. Just needs to provide pilots.

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Who'd join this army?

My guess is not many.

Awoken

PI Member
Threads
Conscription is already being reintroduced in France. Viva Macron! What is it that Kissinger said about the military "Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns to extend foreign policy"

Catalpa

PI Member
Threads
They don't really need our Army - its too small

Sure we may be asked to contribute a battalion or 2 but that's it

The Big Prize here is control of our Air & Naval space

The EU will look for Military Bases here

- to counter US & Russian control of the Atlantic corridor

These will then become in effect EU territory

- something akin to the British Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia on the island of Cyprus

Awoken

PI Member
Threads

- something akin to the British Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia on the island of
If the US military bases already scattered all over the EU e.g Rota Spain and the world turn on the EU it's curtains for us. I can't see that happening. They are allies.

Threads

- something akin to the British Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia on the island of Cyprus

A s E U citizens all Irish men and women between ages 18 and 45 will be subject to military conscription in times of emergency in the new EU army .

Existing treaty obligations of common area security confer enormous powers on the unelected E U commission.

Threads
We can't even get the EU to work properly.
How are they expecting a defense force to work?

The only way I can figure is for the EU to become a federal union. Countries become US-style states.

Responsibility for raising an Army being handled by each state while Air and Navy will be federal.
That way a country such as Lithuania doesn't have to worry about an air force of their own. Just needs to provide pilots.
The EU countries of France and Germany will change the E U into a federal union.
I f Ireland wants to remain a member of the EU it will have no choice but to join this federation.

I t will have its own army with obligations common to all members and that includes military conscription in times of emergency.

Like it or not Irelands sons and daughters will be compelled to militarily defend the borders of Eastern europe maybe sooner than you think.

Threads

Bullshit.
The EU will not look for bases here in Ireland. Why should there a need for it? France is just next door. Plenty of bases there.
You are just pumping out hysterical scaremongering.

Top Bottom