• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Breaking News Emmanuel Macron calls for creation of a ‘true European army’ to defend against Russia and the US

Catalpa

PI Member
I am an internationalist and do not believe in the supremacy of the nation idea. There will be no more real nation states around in the future. If we are lucky and the climatic changes does not wipe us out before that....
People sign up for money or are forced into armies. Only a handfull of real headcases go to war on their own free will.
Nonsense - Modern History is full of examples of people joining in droves to defend their Nations...

Olli Rehn

Gone Fishing
PI Member
Censored zone of Political Irish. Deported soon...
The only one Bullshitting is you Ollie, & wasting people's time. Do u actually think people can't do their own research.
IRL is SIGNED UP to Pesco.....!, & Brian Hayes was promoting it like a Fool, because he too is a Soros Pawn.
You keep pumping out conspiracy shyte and avoid my arguments all the time. You must be stuck in a phantasy world.
We can opt out of Pesco parts we do not like. Stop spreading outright lies.

parentheses

PI Member
Nationalism has ALWAYS been the cause of war and is therefor clearly identified as a disease- just like schizophrenia, cancer or leprosy.
I wouldn't say Tony Blair was much of a nationalist.

Why did he invade Iraq?

Una

Donator
PI Member
You keep pumping out conspiracy shyte and avoid my arguments all the time. You must be stuck in a phantasy world.
We can opt out of Pesco parts we do not like. Stop spreading outright lies.
yeah sure,..... That's why the EU have drafted an 'EU Constitution', that nullify's All Constitutions of Nation States, 400+ pages of it.

Catalpa

PI Member
Ireland opted out of the army idea. You might have missed that one. But I suppose you propagate that bull on purpose- you know very well.[/QUOTE]

Together with other 24 EU member states, Ireland joined the Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) in December 2017. PESCO’s overall objective is to increase defence capabilities and co-ordination between member states with an end-goal of a better capability to respond to security threats.
What will EU defence project PESCO mean for Ireland?

We are in what is to all intents and an EU Army in the making....

We will be expected to fully participate in whatever military actions the Central Powers deem necessary

Given our Strategic location it can only be a matter of time till Naval and Air bases are politely 'requested'....

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year

Bustedshaun

Donator
PI Member
Europeans have no bottle to battle anyone.

It's all symbolism, myth and war profiteering. The zenith of European military prowess is to act as the junior surgical assistant to the Americans, go on sentry duty after the Americans have made their mess or as the French still do, meddle with some of their ex-African territories.

Russians? They'd run a mile if the Russians came over the hill. Which is not something Putin will do, the UN charter and the Nuremberg outcomes are the bedrock of his international outlook. We really are very lucky to have a sober and disciplined man in Moscow.
Answers the question "why do we need hundreds of thousands of undeducated fighting age men"

Top Bottom