Elvis Pearl Harbour Concert 1961

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outstanding footage from Elvis' last concert tour in 1977. I believe this is actually his last show, and sure Elvis is overweight and the drugs have taken their toll, but it's a fantastic show. The man had great dignity and humanity in the face of adversity. The audience where loving every second of it - and so were Elvis and his band. Elvis had some of the best musicians and singers in America and they were really at the top of their game here. It'd be hard to imagine a show of this quality today.

Last edited:

page61

PI Member
I didnt realize until recently that Elvis was playing 3 -4 gig per night during his monthly Vegas visits,

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didnt realize until recently that Elvis was playing 3 -4 gig per night during his monthly Vegas visits,

I didn't hear four, but he did an afternoon show, a dinner show and a midnight show. It was all far too much for him. No star would do anything like that today - and quite right too. Then the stadium shows were draining too.

page61

PI Member
I didn't hear four, but he did an afternoon show, a dinner show and a midnight show. It was all far too much for him. No star would do anything like that today - and quite right too. Then the stadium shows were draining too.
I gig a Bit.. 3 wold be draining ..especally if it was every night , nearly impossible to keep up.

Add horse tranquilizers to that

Top Bottom